PDA

View Full Version : [SF8008] Posibility of adding loopthrough tuner configuration in next build.

nickga
27-12-19, 17:39
Having recently bought an Octagon SF8008, I have now discovered that the loopthrough option for Tuner B is not available.
I realise there is no internal loop in this receiver but is there any way that the loopthrough option could be activated?

Thanks,

ccs
27-12-19, 17:46
... already being discussed here... https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62075-Loopthrough-Tuner&p=490866&viewfull=1#post490866

abu baniaz
27-12-19, 17:49
The hardware is not internally looped. How do you intend to do it. Lets talk about hardware only for now.

nickga
28-12-19, 10:48
The hardware is not internally looped. How do you intend to do it. Lets talk about hardware only for now.

Hi Thanks for the quick response,

I have actually connected the tuners together to the same feed with a splitter (exactly the same as having either an internal or external loop), the danger is that I can't set it to loopthrough so I have to make sure if I set a recording I either watch or record something on the second tuner which is on the same polarisation and frequency so as to not risk putting different voltages from two tuners in to the same cable.

Currently tuner 2 is set to equal to tuner A