PDA

View Full Version : VU Remote

Scherzzo
21-12-19, 19:24
Hi All,

I have a duo2, the remote is fine for me but the misses and daughter complain about the remote and the fact that you really need to point it at the receiver to change channels. With the real sky remote you can point it anywhere and it will change the channels and is a bit snappier. Are there any remotes that work better?

Regards

Scherzzo

Trial
21-12-19, 22:03
Hi,
Logitech Harmony with hub. The hub still needs line of sight but the remote can point anywhere then. You can even control devices from another room because remote uses RF to communicate with the hub.

Ralf

Scherzzo
22-12-19, 11:29
Is it easy to set up on the The enigma box? Does the hub connect via usb?

Trial
22-12-19, 18:57
Hi,
I think it is easy but this does not really count as I have 5 hubs and I am/was a beta tester so I am an experienced user.

The hub sends normal IR to your VU thatīs why line of sight of hub to VU is important.

Ralf

Andy_Hazza
22-12-19, 19:06
Hi All,

I have a duo2, the remote is fine for me but the misses and daughter complain about the remote and the fact that you really need to point it at the receiver to change channels. With the real sky remote you can point it anywhere and it will change the channels and is a bit snappier. Are there any remotes that work better?

Regards

Scherzzo

The Vu+ Duo2 remote is horrid anyhow. The Vu+ Universal one is so so much better.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Replacement-Remote-Controls/VU-Plus-Remote-Controls/VU-Duo-Duo2-Duo-2-Solo-Uno-Ultimo-Genuine-Universal-Remote-Control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scherzzo
22-12-19, 19:22
The Vu+ Duo2 remote is horrid anyhow. The Vu+ Universal one is so so much better.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Replacement-Remote-Controls/VU-Plus-Remote-Controls/VU-Duo-Duo2-Duo-2-Solo-Uno-Ultimo-Genuine-Universal-Remote-Control

Thats the remote I do have! The remote is fine. Just is not as smooth as sky for the misses and trying to find a solution. I'll research the logitech.

timofee
22-12-19, 23:32
I use the Logitech 600/650/700 range for all my units, including many VU+ boxes.

They are standard remote controls (ie no hub) - point it in the rough direction of the box - and it works fine. Far better than the original VU+ remotes,

cactikid
22-12-19, 23:47
What about an older model 525 harmony.

judge
23-12-19, 01:30
The VU remote Andy suggests & the one you say you have is a great remote. I can use it at almost angle away from the box.
Have you good batteries in it?

Andy_Hazza
23-12-19, 08:19
Thats the remote I do have! The remote is fine. Just is not as smooth as sky for the misses and trying to find a solution. I'll research the logitech.

I’m totally opposite, the Vu+ remote is superior to the sky one. As @Judge says, get some better quality batteries its surprising what a difference that can make.

Scherzzo
24-12-19, 00:16
Ill try new batteries, thanks!