PDA

View Full Version : Latest Driver (13/12/2019) issue for DVB-C/T2 usb tuner

ccs
14-12-19, 17:23
The latest driver update for the Sundtek DVB-C/T2 usb tuner causes the device to become a C tuner only.

This happened when I updated ViX from 5.3.011 to 5.3.012 followed by the driver update, and also from 5.3.011 to 5.3.013 and then the driver update.

Attachments should show what happens. The Sundtek Control Centre no longer reboots Enigma 2 after installing the new driver, and everything looks fine in tuner setup until I reboot the box (attachment 3).

twol
14-12-19, 18:05
So without the driver update everything is OK???

tappari
14-12-19, 18:10

Yes, no Sundtek driver update and it`s ok.

ccs
14-12-19, 19:00
Yes, I noticed a driver update yesterday (dated the 12th) and installed it. It looked ok according to tuner setup, and there was another later in the day.
I put that one in as I assumed there might be a problem with the one from the previous day.
It was only when I installed 5.3.013 that I noticed that tuner D was mis-configured.

zenith
19-12-19, 14:25
did`nt know about drivers issue till to late installed mine 5.3.013 not only have cable and sat not terrestial showing on mine for freeview anyone help on this at all anyone ulling my hair out over it and had very little to begin with!

tappari
19-12-19, 18:11
Answer from Sundtek:
We did not change anything there, however we might have a look in a few days at it if you can contact us via chat or skype (Today and tomorrow we're busy finalising some of our new multituners).

twol
19-12-19, 18:21
Answer from Sundtek:
We did not change anything there, however we might have a look in a few days at it if you can contact us via chat or skype (Today and tomorrow we're busy finalising some of our new multituners).

Obviously their marketing and sales opportunities are more important than their customers

ccs
19-12-19, 18:22
I tried a version of ViX from about 6 weeks ago when tuner expert mode was still an option, and the new driver version still failed the same.

I'm 99.9% certain it's not ViX, but you never know.

I don't use skype/chat (they usually asked for remote access to your box).

tappari
19-12-19, 19:22
Obviously their marketing and sales opportunities are more important than their customers

I agree. Should be more careful as some people install the latest drivers.

abu baniaz
19-12-19, 20:16
The only thing that could be responsible is the hybrid tuner stuff.

ccs
19-12-19, 22:35
The only thing that could be responsible is the hybrid tuner stuff.

Can you give me a clue where these reside, or any hybrid tuner related commits after 2/10/2019, when the driver worked ok.

I can't find anything. :)

abu baniaz
19-12-19, 22:45
Satconfig
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commits/Dev/lib/python/Screens/Satconfig.py

NimManager
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commits/master/lib/python/Components/NimManager.py

ccs
20-12-19, 12:23
Satconfig
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commits/Dev/lib/python/Screens/Satconfig.py

NimManager
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commits/master/lib/python/Components/NimManager.py

Thanks, I've now tried the latest drivers with 5.3.001 and 5.2.002 (over a year old), and they still fail in the same way as described above.

sundtek
21-12-19, 03:16

thanks for the insulting comment, that having said that we're carrying on support for all devices which have been sold since 2008.

We have not even touched the DVB-C/T/T2 drivers; We're using different chipsets for the 2x-4x tuners - and we're finalizing those tuners.
The installer has slightly changed in order to fix a problem for another customer with an ARM settopbox; maybe that has an impact here; the drivers themselves I don't see any issue.

Getting everything under one hood is challenging, even if it has some short term problem it will be fixed as soon as possible.

4x FBC USB 2.0 (99% done, we're waiting for new voltage regulator chipsets, all the logic is fixed and tested, should be available within January), we've tested 300mbit via USB 2.0 on a Raspberry PI 3.0
8x FBC USB 3.0 (only shows up 4 tuners on USB 2.0, and 8 tuners on USB 3.0; 80% done; should be available within February)
2x DVB-C USB 2.0 (should be available early January)
2x DVB-S/S2/S2X USB 2.0 (still on the engineering table, don't know the exact results yet).
2x ATSC/ClearQAM USB 2.0 (still on the engineering table)

Those devices are about to join the group of our other tuners soon (without dropping any other device). Android driver support (non-root) will also be released with it, currently it's only available for business customers since they have a fixed environment and it's easier to support for us.

el bandido
21-12-19, 05:02
2x ATSC/ClearQAM USB 2.0 (still on the engineering table)

Would be nice to see you produce ATSC 1.0/3.0 USB tuner. ATSC 3.0 will be viewable in 2020.

abu baniaz
21-12-19, 07:48
I don't have a problem allowing remote access to you @Sundtek. Should be home at 1500 GMT. I'll message you on the chat.

ccs
21-12-19, 13:18
If I do a settings restore from an image with a working driver (2/10/2019) onto an image running the latest non working driver, and reboot, the Sundtek control centre tells me there is now a driver update available (same as pic 2 in post #1), but the tuner is still a type C as in pic 3 in post #1.

abu baniaz
21-12-19, 16:59
@Sundtek you have a PM

abu baniaz
21-12-19, 17:19
I have not restored settings. (Please see previous protracted debate about settings restore not being a clean start). I have used the old plugin and driver. The plugin allows me to select DVBC or DVBT. I cannot change mode in E2.

I know I asked this before, but where do I see the driver details? I am using Vix Night HD on this sytem

ccs
21-12-19, 17:30
I simply did a settings restore to see what happened.

I always update the Sundek driver using the Sundek control centre. If you opt to update the driver (press menu when running the plugin), it tells you what you've got and what the latest driver is.

I only ever couch flash the latest image when it is released, and restore settings, I never use software update.
And the usb tuner needs no further action (normally).

abu baniaz
21-12-19, 17:50
Can you not change the mode of operation in the plugin? I can even after I updated drivers.

See screenshots, skin changed to Simple1080

ccs
21-12-19, 17:53
… I've never used that option before in the control centre, only made changes in the ViX tuner setup menu.

(post #1 picture 1 when the interface worked ok.)

I'll have a look just as soon as I can.

abu baniaz
21-12-19, 17:59
Even with the old drivers, I could not change mode in Tuner configuration.

Having it DVB-T2 mode does not show in tuners though. I am using the shitty GigaBlue as the main test receiver because of hardware multiboot. It doesn't work with USB tuners so can't help much with debugging code changes that affect this tuner.

ccs
21-12-19, 18:08
I've been able to set tuner 1 to T2 in the control centre, and after a reboot the main ViX tuner setup now looks like this...

(A bit different to before, when all tuners were saying mode: DVB-T2)

ccs
21-12-19, 18:17
… and the Sundek usb tuner works ok, although I had to reboot the box after disabling the other 3 because it continued to use tuner A until I had.

This is what the old driver showed...

abu baniaz
21-12-19, 18:18
Select tuner and access the configuration please. You are in overview mode at the moment.

ccs
21-12-19, 18:24
… sorry gone back to the old driver for a while, I'll have another go later.

I'm pretty sure (99%) selecting the tuner was as expected

abu baniaz
21-12-19, 18:26
… sorry gone back to the old driver for a while, I'll have another go later.

I'm pretty sure (99%) selecting the tuner was as expected

Just cannot change mode in Enigma2 tuner config?

ccs
21-12-19, 18:34
Just cannot change mode in Enigma2 tuner config?

I'll have to double check later.

dsayers
21-12-19, 19:34
I've noticed slow zapping issues with my sundtek DVB-s/s2 usb tuner but nothing major but I thought I would have a look at tuner setup. I have the option for both DVB-S and DVB-C although I can only connect satellite to the tuner.

On my uno4k using vix 5.3.013 sundtek driver version 2019-12-13

ccs
21-12-19, 19:41
The control centre allows you to configure a T2 tuner, and it will work ok.

The E2 tuner config no longer has this option (old driver, new driver).....

dsayers
22-12-19, 06:07
I've noticed slow zapping issues with my sundtek DVB-s/s2 usb tuner but nothing major but I thought I would have a look at tuner setup. I have the option for both DVB-S and DVB-C although I can only connect satellite to the tuner.

On my uno4k using vix 5.3.013 sundtek driver version 2019-12-13

Ok after update I now receive Cannot read data when scanning sky uk in autobouquetsmaker. In Automatic scan I I receive Scan Tuner I ( (Combined DVB-S2/C)

I scan tuner I and receive odd channel names instead of the actual names.

Automatic scan only tunes DVB-S

This is the last scanned bouquet with odd names

59564 it looks likes it's naming them via the sid

I'm not sure why I haven't noticed this before. Maybe because I already have tuned services but ABM normally leaves the errors on till someone sees after auto update

abu baniaz
22-12-19, 18:02
I have installed 5.0 032 so that there is no chance of updating Enigma2 components when installing something that depends on it. I then updated Sundtek drivers. I was still able to change the mode of the Tuner within Enigma2.

To me, it is is something in Enigma2 and not the Sundtek drivers.

Really need to fix the non-vu arm detection and 64bit detection to deal with this properly.

abu baniaz
22-12-19, 18:04
In Automatic scan.....

There is very little control in Automatic scan. Better to use manual scan. Also, some TK users advocate using Virgin All areas whichc is the wrong thing to do.

ccs
22-12-19, 19:46
I have installed 5.0 032 so that there is no chance of updating Enigma2 components when installing something that depends on it. I then updated Sundtek drivers. I was still able to change the mode of the Tuner within Enigma2.

To me, it is is something in Enigma2 and not the Sundtek drivers.

Really need to fix the non-vu arm detection and 64bit detection to deal with this properly.

I've just tried 5.1.031, and I can't change the tuner mode within Enigma2. (nb reboot required first)

So it's either something that has happened between 5.0.032 and 5.1.031, or it's the latest Sundek driver.

My money is on the Sundek driver, as the one dated 02/10/2019 doesn't have a problem.

sundtek
23-12-19, 02:03
There will be a few more updates within the next few days. Once that's set we'll have a look at the integration. I guess the issue is the installer itself (since there was no other update on the corresponding drivers).
That issue needs to be checked carefully since it might break the support for the previously fixed ARM STB.
The side effects are unexpected if they're related to that update (of course we try to avoid them but when they happen they have to be corrected carefully to not cause more issues...)

abu baniaz
23-12-19, 07:26
@Sundtek
The main difference is that the tuner is not being recognised as a switchable one. Can you confirm if it should still be? If so, we will need to adapt code to cater for it.

sundtek
24-12-19, 15:27
Hi,

we have figured out the issue already it's indeed caused by the update of the installer (not by the driver itself). But reverting the modification will break it for some other boxes;
So we know how to get it work for both groups but need to add some hardware-detection for the boxes which need a different setup.
I'm waiting for the person with the other settopbox who requires the latest changes so we can sort it out for both groups.

abu baniaz
25-12-19, 22:48
My GigaBlue is not detecting the tuner. Whenever I go into the plugin, it says the driver is not installed. Drivers have been installed from within the plugin (20180605-02).

Doing it by command line locks up the box until I reboot. You had fixed this last year.

Welcome to OpenViX for gbue4k
openvix 5.3 gbue4k

gbue4k login: root
root@gbue4k:~# sudo -s
-bash: sudo: command not found
root@gbue4k:~# cd /tmp
root@gbue4k:/tmp# wget http://sundtek.de/media/sundtek_netinst.sh
--2019-12-25 21:36:45-- http://sundtek.de/media/sundtek_netinst.sh
Resolving sundtek.de... 85.10.198.106
Connecting to sundtek.de|85.10.198.106|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 128668 (126K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘sundtek_netinst.sh’

sundtek_netinst.sh 100%[================================================== ================================================== =========>] 125.65K 802KB/s in 0.2s

2019-12-25 21:36:46 (802 KB/s) - ‘sundtek_netinst.sh’ saved [128668/128668]

root@gbue4k:/tmp# chmod 777 sundtek_netinst.sh
root@gbue4k:/tmp# ./sundtek_netinst.sh
Busybox installation

Welcome to the Sundtek linux / freebsd driver setup
(C)opyright 2008-2019 Sundtek <kontakt@sundtek.de>

Legal notice:
This software comes without any warranty, use it at your own risk

Please note it's only allowed to use this driver package with devices from
authorized distributors or from Sundtek Germany
The Virtual analogTV Grabber (vivi) might be used freely for testing purpose

Do you want to continue [Y/N]:
Nutzungsbedingungen:
Sundtek übernimmt keinerlei Haftung für Schäden welche eventuell durch
das System oder die angebotenen Dateien entstehen können.

Dieses Softwarepaket darf ausschließlich mit Geraeten von autorisierten
Distributoren oder Sundtek Deutschland verwendet werden
Der Virtuelle AnalogTV Treiber (vivi) kann für Testzwecke ohne jegliche
Restriktionen verwendet werden

Wollen Sie fortfahren [J/N]:
y
adding /opt/bin to environment paths
unpacking...
checking system... installing (netinstall mode) ...
Downloading architecture specific driver ... armsysvhf
Download finished, installing now ...
installing remote control support
finalizing configuration... (can take a few seconds)
Settopbox Detected
Starting driver...
done.
root@gbue4k:/tmp#

dmesg ouput attached as well as results of

opkg update && opkg install v4l-utils

dvb-fe-tool -a1
find /dev/dvb/adapter*
cat /proc/bus/nim_sockets

ccs
07-01-20, 16:59
A new driver/loader appeared here this morning...
http://sundtek.de/media/but my ET10K doesn't see it.

I eventually did an update anyway - see 2 attachments - before and after the update. Neither make any sense and the outcome is the same as post #1. Ignore the timestamps of the screenshots, I took them in the wrong order.

ccs
07-01-20, 22:31
There's another update just appeared on sundtek.de/media, my ET10K still can't see it, I'll have a try tomorrow.

abu baniaz
07-01-20, 22:38
Can't see the USB device or can't see update?

ccs
07-01-20, 22:39
Can't see the USB device or can't see update?
Can't see the latest driver update - I still see screenshot 1 in post #40.

abu baniaz
08-01-20, 01:47
Perhaps the date is entered incorrectly by mistake. The last two posts are saying 2019

ccs
08-01-20, 15:39
Probably wasting my time, but I tried again - exactly the same as post #40,
apart from the "current driver" now showing as 2020-01-07 21:56:39 and the "latest driver" still 2019-12-13 17:21:40.

Maybe the new decade is a problem. :)

sundtek
08-01-20, 20:26
Are there still some issues? If so please contact us via chat ... https://support.sundtek.de/chat.php

All necessary driver updates are basically completed now.

ccs
08-01-20, 22:07
Are there still some issues? If so please contact us via chat ... https://support.sundtek.de/chat.php

All necessary driver updates are basically completed now.

Same problems as reported in post #1, and more confusion described in post #40.

Why do you think it's fixed?

sundtek
08-01-20, 22:40
can you try to update the driver? We have nailed down the special setup which breaks other boxes to vu+ 4k.

We have applied some other changes too where customers reported issues (but not so much related to settopboxes). The main driver updates for the satellite devices is finished.
Seems like some issues also got mixed up somehow, eg. ARM Settopboxes which we have never seen before (and that has added additional confusion).

abu baniaz
08-01-20, 23:28
Sundtek remoted over and this is how my tuner looks now.

Just as a reminder, to install the latest driver

cd /tmp
wget http://sundtek.de/media/sundtek_netinst.sh
chmod 777 sundtek_netinst.sh
./sundtek_netinst.sh

ccs
09-01-20, 12:22
can you try to update the driver?

I have been updating the driver for the last 2 days, using the Sundtek Control Centre, and have posted the outcomes.

This still hasn't changed. It still doesn't work.

However, abu's last post giving a command line driver update procedure has worked.

Not sure why the Control Centre doesn't work, I've been using it for nearly 5 years, and even after the command line update, it still tells me that the latest driver is dated 2019 and my driver version is dated 2020.

sundtek
09-01-20, 21:35
we have updated the driver yesterday maybe you have pulled the drivers before the update

ccs
09-01-20, 22:15
we have updated the driver yesterday maybe you have pulled the drivers before the update
I don't think so, even now I'm seeing that the latest driver is dated 2019-12-13 17:21:40 and my driver version is dated 2020-01-07 21:56:39. I've posted screenshots in earlier posts.

I'm basing drivers from the dates in
http://sundtek.de/media/which correspond exactly with what the Control Centre tells me.

You say there was an updated driver yesterday, the 8th, I don't see that on the website link.

sundtek
09-01-20, 22:52
sundtek_installer_200107.215639.sh 41646.78 kb

ok 7th.

edit.. ok I see latest.phtml did not filter year 2020 drivers, it should show up in the control center too now.

tappari
10-01-20, 10:33
Seems to work fine now. Thank you Markus!

ccs
10-01-20, 11:47
I can also confirm that I have successfully updated the 2019 driver to the latest 2020 driver using the Sundtek Control Centre.:)

ccs
06-02-20, 12:36
A newer driver dated 200205_150900 has installed without any issues.

sundtek
07-02-20, 06:18
Thanks, that was another update for Vu+ Zero 4K (ARM based) which is now also supported.