PDA

View Full Version : [AMKIO-VIPER-4K] slow accessing channels in bouquet lists

eamo
10-12-19, 13:12
HI

brand new Amiko 4k combo with a complete fresh flash using 5.3.011
no other plugins installed

when i access my bouquet list, choose and bouquet and press the right arrow on the remote to go to the next page it takes exactly 3 seconds to access the next page of channels. and it when it does it can be slow for the channels to appear on screen while they fill downwards. sometimes the vix sysmbol will appear but not always. this is rather frustrating if there are a lot of pages to go through!

I have done a couple of reflashes - no difference. there are no errors or crashes

by the way had the exact same problem on a technomate nano se combo with a fresh flash of 5.3.011 with fresh settings - once i reverted back to a fresh flash of 5.2.045 the slowness was gone

thanks

Joe_90
10-12-19, 14:40
Do you have picons installed? If so, where?

eamo
10-12-19, 14:45
I do indeed. On my USB stick. That’s hardly the issue??

eamo
10-12-19, 20:50
your right! its the picons. i pulled the usb rebooted the box and pressing right arrow in the bouquets was instantaneous. why is it? how am i supposed to use picons now?

Andy_Hazza
10-12-19, 20:54
Store them to flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eamo
10-12-19, 22:38
Store them to flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats the path for that please?

abu baniaz
11-12-19, 04:40
on the root of the internal memory.

however, a usb flash drive is still flash memory and the USB bus is fast enough. You need to check debug log for real issue. it may also be that there is an issue with the USB stick. I'm presuming you are using the same stick

twol
11-12-19, 09:09
As Abu has commented, usb stick should be fine - but not all usb sticks are fast - so could be just be a very slow usb stick(they exist - I had one)

ronand
11-12-19, 10:47
There are some crap usb sticks out there - I have an Integral 32Gb stick somewhere and the access times and transfer rates are abysmal. Needless to say I don't use it.

eamo
11-12-19, 12:30
on the root of the internal memory.

however, a usb flash drive is still flash memory and the USB bus is fast enough. You need to check debug log for real issue. it may also be that there is an issue with the USB stick. I'm presuming you are using the same stick

no different usb sticks on both boxes

usb sticks are world of satellite supplied when i bought the boxes

Joe_90
12-12-19, 16:52
Sorry - been away from the PC for a while. The usual location for picons should be the root of the flash as advised. Normally stored in /picon. A USB stick should be ok, but is obviously not in your case. HDD is not a good location, due to latency issues. Try downloading picons again and use the default option of storing them on the flash.