PDA

View Full Version : My trusted Vu Duo2 is on its way out, time to upgrade to a new 4k box?

psionguy
08-12-19, 12:16
My Vu Duo 2 has lost one of its tuners, so not sure if it is worth trying to get it repaired or upgrade to a new 4k Box. First, chouse would be the duo 4k, but it is very expensive, what would other members recommend as an alternative to this satellite unit?

Always used Vu Duo's over many years up to now have found them to be very reliable and easy to set up so perhaps they are worth the premium price, but there is now much more choice out there I think it is important to have a good look at other options.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Willo3092
08-12-19, 12:34
The big advantage of Vu+ for me is the FBC tuners. If you don't need them, the Zgemma H7 is excellent.

twol
08-12-19, 14:41
If you want FBC tuners then Giga4K UE
If you want twin sat tuners then Octagon SF8008 (has Stalker) ..... or a little bit more quality Edision Mio 4K+
Nothing wrong with H7, but I think all above offer something more

bellejt
08-12-19, 15:34
for 50 euro you have a new single tuner.79 dual tuner.Way cheaper then new box

twol
08-12-19, 16:03

....but only if old box is not on the way out and if one tuner goes then the implication is that its probably not going to last long

psionguy
08-12-19, 16:09

The reason for the loss of one tuner is not clear, mixed views could be the power supply, also had excellent service out of it, but I think it is 4/ 5 years old.

Huevos
09-12-19, 01:25
It is a slot-in tuner. Why would you change the receiver just because it has a tuner fault?

abu baniaz
09-12-19, 03:04
£30 for second hand tuners on eBay. I'm sure that if you post in the classifieds, someone will have one or even a faulty one. The duo2 has two slots.

psionguy
09-12-19, 13:57
£30 for second hand tuners on eBay. I'm sure that if you post in the classifieds, someone will have one or even a faulty one. The duo2 has two slots.

Have seen that second-hand tuner, if I could be 100% sure it is the tuner I would go for that, so I will go through those tests we did again, especially the one where I put the motorised dish in input B. But I also must make a point that some of the new satellite receivers do have benefits over my Duo 2, like 4k and improved tuners.

Emulated
09-12-19, 14:07
I have had the Gigablue UHD Quad 4K since it was released. Fantastic receiver, the only problem I have had is blind scan does not work on most of the latest images. Flashed to an earlier Vix image and its fine. Apparently its the same with many receivers after an image is updated. Just takes a while for them to get sorted. I may add an additional tuner just for blind scan.