PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo SE] SoloSE II Freezes after ugrade to 5.3 011

kalel-2
07-12-19, 12:02
Is it only me?

Flashng 5.3 from USB

When upgrading to 5.2 011 my Solo SE II freezes, during reboot after restoring settings and plugins. Initial stage with restore dialog works perfectly.
It freezes shortly after the rotating VIX logo appears.
I had the box sit for an hour with frozen VIX logo before giving up.

Reflashing 5.3 009 using the same procedure works well.

Best regards to the team for making great software for our Enigma2 boxes.

/Karl n Sweden

twol
07-12-19, 12:20
Flash with ImageManager and see what happens
If same thing then telnet to the box (putty) using the boxes IP address (check IP before flashing from menu/setup/network adapter))
Type init 4 (space between)
Then enigma2 and see what the displayed log shows

Can also then perform clean flash with just settings restore (No to plugins) to check that works clean

In fact I would be tempted to flash with ImageManager and just try settings restore and then providing that works, delete all languages bar Swedish and English( user settings/language), then just add plugins 1 at a time!

kalel-2
07-12-19, 13:28
Flash with ImageManager and see what happens
If same thing then telnet to the box (putty) using the boxes IP address (check IP before flashing from menu/setup/network adapter))
Type init 4 (space between)
Then enigma2 and see what the displayed log shows

Can also then perform clean flash with just settings restore (No to plugins) to check that works clean

In fact I would be tempted to flash with ImageManager and just try settings restore and then providing that works, delete all languages bar Swedish and English( user settings/language), then just add plugins 1 at a time!

Thank you for a very speedy reply to my call.

Flashing using the ImageMnager and only restoring settings worked very well.
I'll go through the plugins later. Now I¨'m happy that the box works and my timers are intact.

Again, thanks for your help.

Best Regards
/Karl