PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-epg.dat] cannot retrieve rytec sources

naszdom
06-12-19, 20:10
Cross EPG has stopped working again. You cannot update Rytec sources.

On another site I found a solution - replacing the "crossepg_rytec_update.pyo" but it seems that .pyo is only for Blackhole images. Is there any chance of getting one for Vix images?

abu baniaz
06-12-19, 22:04
Openvix users have a separate location for the sources file. There was a commit yesterday to change the general one.

Not sure about content of the sources.

naszdom
06-12-19, 22:22
I hope there is an update soon

Sicilian
06-12-19, 23:13
Openvix users have a separate location for the sources file. There was a commit yesterday to change the general one.

Not sure about content of the sources.

Do we need an updated release build?

naszdom
07-12-19, 01:01
Yes please unless there is a an easy solution to repair the present one.

abu baniaz
07-12-19, 04:25
No we do not need a release build, for this purpose as the change does not affect us ViX. We may need to update the source file that is on our server though. Unless someone looks before me, I'll have a look after I wake up in the afternoon

The source file is kept on one independent location so that can be updated to point to other sites without needing people to update the plugin.

abu baniaz
07-12-19, 08:56
Even the new location has a dead link in the sources file

I have also sent a message to Doglover. Maybe someone forgot to renew the dynds account

naszdom
07-12-19, 13:48
This is a temporary solution which I got from nunigaia @ vuplus-community

1 Unpack the attached file
1 Send the file "crossepg_rytec_update.pyo" to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG (rename the old one or simply overwrite)
2 Restart Enigma2 or telnet: killall -9 enigma2

I can confirm it works

abu baniaz
07-12-19, 15:26
There were two issues. DNS needing renewing/resetting. One server was down.

Instead of resetting the DNS and rebooting the server, we update the plugin? Lets agree to disagree.

Both above have been done. Just need to update the sources file on ViX server so the randomising works again. We don't list wanwizard's site as he blocks non-pli and non-enigma2

nunigaia
07-12-19, 19:45
There were two issues. DNS needing renewing/resetting. One server was down.

Instead of resetting the DNS and rebooting the server, we update the plugin? Lets agree to disagree.

Both above have been done. Just need to update the sources file on ViX server so the randomising works again. We don't list wanwizard's site as he blocks non-pli and non-enigma2

Thanks @AbuBaniaz for your effort.

I´ve tested the reverted commit at git (regarding CrossEPG - https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2openplugin-CrossEPG/commit/80b61723e715e0ddce6a6de45a0a511e858c48e1 ), and all is working again as expected.

Just to let you know, tested on BlackHole 3.0.9, Open BlackHole 4.3.011 and OpenVix 5.3.011, using Vuplus Duo4K

thanks for all

best regards
nunigaia