PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Zero] DVB-T vs. DVB-S2 switching channels get the tuner stuck

Jykke
06-12-19, 11:00
Hi,
This problem has been bugging me since day one also with many previous images. The problem is that when you change the channels between a different tuners the UI gets stuck. Only the left corner spinner is running for ever, the system does not follow remote. Only way is to reboot the HW or connect using SSH and command "reboot"

This bug was much worse with previous images like 5.1, 5.2 ect. But now with 5.3 it seems to be a bit better. Now you can switch the channel with a different tuner couple times before freeze. With older images the freeze was almost instant. For example start with DVB-S2 > DVB-T > DVB-S2 > DVB-T2

I tried to send some debug logs from the tuner, but I get error "connection refused"

T-tuner is "OPTI-Combo DVB-T2/C USB Stick" but I have tested couple of other brands with same results.

Any thoughts what could be wrong? Can I help the team to debug this somehow?

twol
06-12-19, 11:59
Judging by comments on other forums (especially about the newer Vu+ Zero 4K) it will be an issue between the Vu+ drivers and the plugin tuners - not directly an E2 fixable issue

cactikid
06-12-19, 23:14
What about the vu turbo usb tuner is that supported for the 4 k box?