PDA

View Full Version : .kodi hidden folder

Arion
22-11-19, 18:05
I need to reinstall kodi 17.6 in order to start from scratch. Problem is I need to delete the .kodi hidden folder on the internal flash drive otherwise the problem (add-on installs fail, won’t download from internet) replicates. I can access the folder thru dream explorer as well as external FTP programs. I can pull up ‘info’ on the folder and permissions are set to 777 which means I should be able to delete but no matter what I do the deletion of the folder fails. So....how can I delete the d@mn folder? :mad:

Btw....currently on a Mio+ dual tuner with latest version of OpenVix.

abu baniaz
22-11-19, 20:22
Try doing it with Dream Explorer plugin.

Arion
23-11-19, 08:44
As stated in my first post I also tried dream explorer as well. It just locks the system up and I have to reboot. Problem is even though the permissions show 777 it’s a ‘read only’ system folder. I opened a terminal and ssh’d into the box as the root user and still would not let me delete as all the command lines I tried kept on coming back permission denied read only. Head scratcher for sure.

Andy_Hazza
23-11-19, 09:34
You tried using Filezilla?
If still a problem my advice is to fresh install ViX then complete the FIW. Once done and you go to your ViX menu, go and initialise your HDD and that will wipe it for you, but you will lose everything that is on the HDD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arion
23-11-19, 15:23
I suppose that I could but the problem is the hidden folder is on the internal flash drive and not external hard drdive or as far as that goes I'm on a Mio+ so I could just multi-boot to a new/different image and set it up again. It's been a long time since I've used a command line but having full superuser root access into the box I can't figure out why it won't let me change folder permissions. More curious at this point than anything else. I had this sort of problem two or three years ago on my older Octagon box and I was finally able to delete the hidden .kodi folder but if memory serves me correct that folder was on my external hard drive and not the flash drive. I'll keep plugging along.

Thanks!!

ccs
23-11-19, 15:33
I guess it won't allow you to rename the folder either??

Arion
23-11-19, 17:06
Nope....read only even though file permissions show 777. Otherwise I'd rename it and Kodi would generate a new one when I fired it up again.

Andy_Hazza
23-11-19, 17:12
A fresh flash will wipe it clean if on internal flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
23-11-19, 22:52
Is Enigma2 running while you attempt these? If so, try stopping E2 first with "init 4" command using Putty or similar.

Arion
24-11-19, 11:55
Is Enigma2 running while you attempt these? If so, try stopping E2 first with "init 4" command using Putty or similar.

Hadn't thought of that. I'm at work now [early morning here] and will try it when I get home later.

Thanks!!