PDA

View Full Version : Baffled for good reason.

One Sided
22-11-19, 13:34
Hi all, I apologise for my ignorance, I'm a bit lost here, a couple of years ago, I suffered two very nasty seizures, which rendered me with short and long term memory issues and the ability to retain very much, on top of this, a fall has left me with physical difficulties and arthritis in the hands doesn't help. I'm slowly getting better, but I need some help/assistance, I've got my TV and DVD set up and I have a VU+ Solo2, because of my memory, I can't remember very much about it. I have it hooked up to the dish outside, (there is no ariel on the property, so no signal to the TV and I currently can't afford to have one installed). The combo is connected with HDMI cables and was working fine, but recently, the channels I can watch are getting less and less.
Given my limited ability to do very much, can someone offer me some advice or assistance to try and fix the issue?

Many thanks.

Alan.

Andy_Hazza
22-11-19, 14:12
Hi. Sky changed how you could view your paid channels using your sky viewing card. Basically you now need to use your official receiver with your viewing card. You can setup your Vu+ Solo2 to receive Sky Free-to-Air channels and/or Freesat channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
22-11-19, 15:07
Firstly, I hope the recovery continues without complications.

What image are you using? You can find out by:
Menu Information About

Which channels do you want to view? Encrypted or free. Bear in mind some channels that are free on Terrestrial are not necessarily free on satellite.

One Sided
22-11-19, 19:00
Thank you for the replies, with not having the outside ariel and only having the Sky dish, I'm only interested in free to air.

Having looked at the menu, it is showing the following on screen-:

Virtusso Image Xtreme
By Team VIX
Support at www.world-of-satellite.com

Model Vu+ Solo2
Chipset BCM7356
CPU BCM7346B2
CPU speed 1.3Ghz
Cores 2
Version 3.2
Build 037
IMage type Release
Skin name ViX-Night-HD
Drivers 2015-12-01
Kernel 3/13/5
GStreamer 1.7.1 (GIT)
Python 2.7.9
Installed 2016-10-28
Last update 2016-02-22

System temperature 33c

The above means nothing to me, so, I really am in the dark.

abu baniaz
22-11-19, 20:12
Your image is 3.2 037. Latest image at time of posting is 5.3 010. There have been a lot of changes, best we get you on the latest image.

I am presuming your box is not a clone. If it is, you could brick it by flashing newer images. We don't support clones on the forum anyway.

There is guide to flashing by USB. Are you able to follow it?

If not, you can flash using ImageManager. You will have to download image using PC and transfer to receiver using FTP program like FileZilla.

cactikid
22-11-19, 21:53
@ABU when you say ftp to box is that the full compressed image and not extracted version as it may help others.

abu baniaz
22-11-19, 22:33
Good question.
ImageManager will flash a zipped or unzipped image. Obviously easier to transfer a zipped image.

As for your next question, transfer to /media/hdd/imagebackups

One Sided
25-11-19, 00:52
Hi all, my apologies, for not replying earlier, my fibromyalgia has had me pinned down over the weekend and I'm still not good, I'll read your replies tomorrow and try to make headway with it, as I mentioned, my memory and ability to remember/recall things I need to do is a bit remiss at times. The box is original and not a clone and as far as I can remember, it's all Kosher.

One Sided
25-11-19, 12:04
Morning all, I have to apologise, I'm as bad as I was yesterday, could someone please show me where and how to do this, I really am stuck here.

One thing, I don't have Sky or a Sky card, I just have the box for freeview, but as mentioned, some channels I could get have gone, Dave being one of them.

Thank you.

abu baniaz
25-11-19, 13:30
Are you willing to allow someone to do this remotely? If so, you need a program called TeamViewer on your PC.

One Sided
25-11-19, 14:06
Are you willing to allow someone to do this remotely? If so, you need a program called TeamViewer on your PC.

Happily, I'll download it straight away.

One Sided
25-11-19, 14:14
Done and dusted.

abu baniaz
25-11-19, 14:23
I take it willow3092 has remoted over and sorted you out?

If not, send me your Teamviewer details by private message

abu baniaz
25-11-19, 14:27
Middle of screen where it says allow remote control, there is an ID and password

Willo3092
25-11-19, 15:36
I take it willow3092 has remoted over and sorted you out?

No, not me. I just thought he was sorted.