PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Can not get Samba to start

leshay
19-11-19, 07:28
Recently updated to above version (5.3.010) and Samba was Enabled, but Stopped. Tried to Start and got a flash of the VIX logo but not Start of Samba.
Log showed nothing at all.
Tried Disabling/Enabling/Start several times and no joy. Log continues to show nothing.

Removed the Samba service (reboot), then re-installed Samba - got exactly same as above.

Any suggestions?

abu baniaz
19-11-19, 08:09
I think you have to do an opkg update before installing it. Can you try please.

leshay
19-11-19, 09:42
Hi
Thanks, but I will roll back to my last good image as I don't want to faff about with all that faff :)

twol
19-11-19, 09:57
Hi
Thanks, but I will roll back to my last good image as I don't want to faff about with all that faff :)

You can always backup your settings and then flash anew using ImageManager - there have been a few changes in Samba over the last few weeks to do with security.
Putting off the decision is not not going to make it easier when you have to do it!

leshay
19-11-19, 10:13
Hi
I will wait for a while before another attempt, thanks. Reverting to my last working image has done the job for now.

ccs
19-11-19, 11:09
Flash image without a settings/plugins restore. Start Samba, and then do the settings/plugins restore via backup manager.

That usually works.

tomuser
26-12-19, 13:40
Having same issue with Vu+ Zero that suddenly samba does not start anymore. Strange part is that it worked fine yesterday, no updates in between. Using 5.3.013. Will try method above at some point (tho it's really time consuming and annoying because Vu+ Zero does not play very well with USB devices attached (USB flash drive and DVB-T tuner) and needs to have 5-6 restarts to get both of them recognized and then it's OK for weeks or even months without restart)

ccs
26-12-19, 13:46
… if it doesn't like usb flash drives, then couch flash, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get Samba working again.

tomuser
26-12-19, 14:04
yeah, been done such way through image manager long time but it doesn't recognize usb after it to restore settings and doing several restarts to get usb work again takes time ;)

twol
26-12-19, 14:22
yeah, been done such way through image manager long time but it doesn't recognize usb after it to restore settings and doing several restarts to get usb work again takes time ;)

There should be no issue recognising usb with latest image