PDA

View Full Version : Best Splitter to use with Unicable lnb

satmanbasil
18-11-19, 17:12
Hi

upgrading my setup soon I am expecting delivery of a new 4k vu+ receiver to add to my vu duo2
I will be looking to change the lnb on the dish to a unicable with legacy and would like to know
what the best splitters are for this.

Im in two minds at the moment to use the existing cable with a splitter to the new 4k receiver and
run off from that splitter to the duo 2 maybe with another splitter to the extra tuners it has or
just run the legacy cable direct to the duo2 and loop through as I have already.
Im aware that using splitters will reduce signal loss a bit but with it coming off a 1.8mtr dish I doubt
I will notice that much loss from most birds.

cheers

twol
18-11-19, 17:33
“Im aware that using splitters will reduce signal loss a bit but with it coming off a 1.8mtr dish I doubt
I will notice that much loss from most birds.“

.... but you could end up swamping the tuner and have to damp it down!
How many cables do you currently have installed from the dish?
Which receiver are you going with??

Willo3092
18-11-19, 17:39
The WoS ones are good:

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=unicable

satmanbasil
18-11-19, 22:46
Hi

Plan to use unicable lnb to the vu+ uno 4k with 2 sat tuners the legacy as mentioned I could send to the vuduo2 which has 4 tuners or I may split the unicable
and route that also to the duo2 to split between its 4 tuners.
Right now I use a twin lnb with one cable to a gigablue quad which will become surplus like my solo and solo2 and the other to the duo2 which loops the other tuners

abu baniaz
18-11-19, 23:42
Why do you need the legacy output? Unless you are using a diseqc switch, you are wasting money.

I would use a splitter by the dish (ensuring it's water proof) and more as required further along the two circuits.

They are just power pass splitters.

satmanbasil
19-11-19, 00:59
Hi
Thanks for the advise guys if only unicable was around when I set up my dish years ago doing the cable runs lol it seems awhole lot more easy today
to set up.