PDA

View Full Version : Saving my Vix Image and settings via DCC?

jamesjay
18-11-19, 16:45
Hi All,

Is there a way to save one or two of my Vix backup images to come back to after trying and testing a different image, my images are stored on media/hdd by the way. I do have FTP and Telnet via DCC to my box so can I store my backup images on my Laptop.

Thanks in advance,
James.

bellejt
18-11-19, 16:51
make a image backup on your HDD box and FTP to your PC.

ronand
18-11-19, 17:03
The backups will be fine on the HDD as long as you don't initialize it (and there is no need to). Installing a new image wont wipe the drive.

abu baniaz
18-11-19, 17:03
If your backed up images are on the HDD, flashing another image won't delete them unless you initialise/format it.

They are stored in
/media/hdd/imagebackups

ccs
18-11-19, 17:26
Easiest way to flash an image is by "couch flashing", which is a standard feature within ViX image manager.

Once you've moved to a different image, you might need to download plugins to couch flash the same way.

Or ftp the image backup onto a stick and usb flash using that, which is less convenient (IMHO).

abu baniaz
18-11-19, 17:39
Most other images have ofgwrite which does the flashing. It is just the location of where image is stored that changes as well as cleanup process post flashing.

jamesjay
19-11-19, 11:27
Thank you for all the useful information everyone, I will FTP backups to my PC just in case.

I have only every used Vix images on my Solo2 and I am going to flash using USB.

Many thanks.
James.

twol
19-11-19, 12:43
As posted much easier by ImageManager to flash the box.
ImageManager will also allow you to flash OpenPli and OpenATV images if you want to try something else.