PDA

View Full Version : Lovely O2 mobile web!!! lol

pooface
09-02-11, 11:38
FFS!!! Hehe.

Just tried accessing my email on my phone, and nothing coming up. So, I have a quick search on the net, and cannot see anything. So, I go to the app on my sim card which says the "Get settings" option, and it comes back with "Unable to process, contact customer services" message (well, not those exact words :p). So, I phone them up, and get told that the whole country is down for web access with O2 today at the mo, and they have no time scale as to how long it will take!

Fed up, as I use this quite a lot for work...

Good job I'm thinking of changing providers as contract has almost come to an end. So, I will take great pleasure in asking for my pac code soon...

Decisions though, where should I move to? Want a sim only option really, and only need about 300 sms and 300 mins, with as much web as possible...

Now, choices are limited to GiffGaff, £10 a month goodybag. This gives me (currently) 250 mins, unlimited sms and unlimited web (although I guess it's probably down for them also, as they piggy back off o2). Next option is Three at £10 a month for 12 month contract. With them I'd get unlimited internet, 300 mins and 3000 sms, or T-Mobile, but I only get 100 mins, 100 sms and I believe their web is no a 500mb fair usage. But, I wouldn't go over that too much I don't think, and if you do, they just give you nagging screens from what I can tell?! Also, I like the benefit that if I cannot get a t-mobile signal, I can use orange ... but, how well does that work in reality? If I get poor signal with t-mobile (e.g. 2 bars Edge), can I use orange network if they give me 4 bars hspda?! Although I could probably do with better mins/sms, although I might've found a half decent cashback offer with t-mobile...

Decisions, decisions...

jjp2701
09-02-11, 14:37
3g m8 they throw minutes txts and internet at you,

i am with 02 just been on the fone to them, my fone keeps dropping calls, been doing this for months, had 2 different types of fones of them, and 2 different sim cards, pay monthly, and still got a year left, i hate o2 the worst company ever, when mine runs out, its between the 3 network, or vodafone m8

jcm193
09-02-11, 14:45
Your o2 problem must be local to you as mine is fine, three are good but lets just hope you dont have to use there customer services as they are a nightmare

pooface
09-02-11, 15:43
Your o2 problem must be local to you as mine is fine, three are good but lets just hope you dont have to use there customer services as they are a nightmare

It's back up working now...

When I phoned up this morning, they told me that it'd only been told to them at 9:08 this morning (or sometime like that), and it's affecting the whole country...

But, as I said, working now :)

pooface
09-02-11, 15:44
3g m8 they throw minutes txts and internet at you,

i am with 02 just been on the fone to them, my fone keeps dropping calls, been doing this for months, had 2 different types of fones of them, and 2 different sim cards, pay monthly, and still got a year left, i hate o2 the worst company ever, when mine runs out, its between the 3 network, or vodafone m8

Hmmm, not sure what three's reception is like round here though. Will have to see if I have a decent connection with some free payg sims if I can find them :p

bigup7
09-02-11, 15:44
im on GG and its pretty impressive

they just dont piggy back off o2, they are o2! so have all the same coverage as them

pooface
09-02-11, 15:47
im on GG and its pretty impressive

they just dont piggy back off o2, they are o2! so have all the same coverage as them

What's to say though, that they will keep the mins and texts as they are? Don't really want them to turn round and say "right now, we only give you 100 mins, 100 texts and 200mb for £10, if you want what you had before, you need to pay £15"... At least if I get a 12 or 18 month contract that says I get 300 mins, 300 texts, 1gb internet etc, I know that I will have that much for the lifetime of contract. If they break it, then I can quit contract and move on, but they're less likely to break it if they'll loose a contract...

bassethound
09-02-11, 15:49
o2 are renowned for having nationwide outages on there net work LOL

punisher
09-02-11, 15:56
ive got the iphone 4 with o2 and its renowned to have poor reception, but i have never had a problem considering the amount of people that have complained about the phone and the network but im in east mids and its been awsome, even when i made it to the base of mount snowdon lol i had 1 bar wooot wooot lol

bigup7
09-02-11, 16:57
ive got the iphone 4 with o2 and its renowned to have poor reception, but i have never had a problem considering the amount of people that have complained about the phone and the network but im in east mids and its been awsome, even when i made it to the base of mount snowdon lol i had 1 bar wooot wooot lol

i have an iphone4, was with o2 for 11 years lol, just moved to GG as it works out cheaper for me

if GG end up giving less mins/data,. just request the PAC and move to another network, simples

punisher
10-02-11, 18:07
yeh only downside with o2 and iphone 4 is the dam contracts are expensive but i found out after 9 months you can downgrade your contract wo0ot wo0ot imma definately be doing that because i dont even use 900 minutes lol