PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] wont fast forward or rewind anything

degsy1969
16-11-19, 00:11
when I view a recording on Vix image 5.3.010 it keeps going back to the beginning ive tried changing all the settings but nothing works. I love vix but this issue is annoying. can anyone help please tried all the key forward and rewing using the numbers also.
thanks

cactikid
16-11-19, 00:21
Internal hdd or external hdd are they setup as ext4.I use my numbers 1,4.7 and 3,6,9 for forward and backward

birdman
16-11-19, 02:58
when I view a recording on Vix image 5.3.010 it keeps going back to the beginning Do you mean that it never really starts - just sits on frame 1?

Perhaps the remote has a stuck key?

adm
16-11-19, 08:47
when I view a recording on Vix image 5.3.010 it keeps going back to the beginning ive tried changing all the settings but nothing works. I love vix but this issue is annoying. can anyone help please tried all the key forward and rewing using the numbers also.
thanks

When in timeshift mode (delayed live TV) and the information in the timeshift buffer spans a program change OpenVix has a nasty habit when at the end of a program it will immediately jump back to the start of the program you have just watched rather than just carrying on over the program change boundary with the same delay.

To get over this boundary you can press the > for forward and < for back keys which on many remotes are just below the 7 and 9 keys (the > and < next may be labelled next and back/prev)

If the box has taken you back to the start you may have to press > twice, Once to get you to the end of the program you have just watched and again to get over the boundary. Press once too often and you may get to the end of the timeshift buffer and back into live TV – in which case press pause and rewind back.

I believe this behaviour to be a bug which has been in there for the many years that I’ve been using OpenVix. I can understand why pressing > or < gets quickly to any markers in a recording (or in the timeshift buffer which is effectively another recording) but I cannot see why this loopback behaviour is deemed to be an acceptable , and a design aim, when watching delayed live TV.

Or did you really mean that you cannot fast forward/back or jump theough a timeshift or recording at all?

degsy1969
17-11-19, 11:45
Internal hdd or external hdd are they setup as ext4.I use my numbers 1,4.7 and 3,6,9 for forward and backward
the box plays and pauses fine but ive tried every possible way to make it go forward and back but just goes back to the beginning and starts to play again. its got an internal hard drive. its doing my head in.
thanks

degsy1969
17-11-19, 11:48
the box plays and pauses fine but ive tried every possible way to make it go forward and back but just goes back to the beginning and starts to play again. its got an internal hard drive. its doing my head in.
thanks
This is always the case on recorded programs or streaming using e2i player

ccs
17-11-19, 12:01
I thought e2i player wasn't available anymore?

adm
18-11-19, 10:04
thanks
This is always the case on recorded programs or streaming using e2i player

Repost as the orginal appears to have gone missing.

Have these functions on the box worked before or is it just as a result of changing an image? Note: I'm also using 5.3.010 and do not see the same probles with this image.

If a result of upgrading to 5.3.010 try putting the box into deep standby and then switching off from the mains for a couple of minutes to allow internal power supply voltages to discharge. Swiching on at the mans again will give the box a cold boot which may not happen if you only put the box into standby and the software has crashed in some way.

With reference ro post #4 there are buttons on the remote that may be labelled < and > (not the ones in the up/down/left/right cluster) that take you directly to embedded markers in the timeshift buffer or recording. There will be a marker at the program start and program end.

Are you incorrectly using the < button for fast rewind rather than the buttons elesewhere on the remote for the fast rewind function?

If you suspect your physical remote control see if the virtual remote in the web interface has the same result. In your PCs internet browser address bar type in the IP of your box (menu -> information -> network -> IP). In the web interface that appears and down the left hand side will be either a menu item for the remote or a picture of a remote (you may have to expand a remote with a limited number of button to get an image of the full remote). This is a fully working remote control and clicking on any button vshould hae the same effect as pressing the key on a physical remote control.

ndcrane
15-12-19, 19:39
Did this problem get solved as I am currently suffering the same issues on some, not all, recordings?

Thx

stash36
05-01-20, 17:58
Hi guys I have this problem too on a Zero and also on a Solo2. I think the ffd rwd got broken on an update. I think i have seen couple of mentions of this in the release notes. Restore back to 5.3.001 will fix it. Not sure where it actually went wrong but would be good to get sorted in latest version.

twol
05-01-20, 18:32
My wife (a much better test of the system than me) uses the number keys all the time without issues on (Giga4K) recordings (or I would really know about it), so this is not a generic issue on the image.
Maybe enabling debug logs and posting a log here would show something.

birdman
06-01-20, 03:01
My wife (a much better test of the system than me) uses the number keys all the time without issues....But those are for skipping, not FFwd.

twol
06-01-20, 08:39
But those are for skipping, not FFwd.

Yes, you are correct - mis read - will go and check what happens!

twol
06-01-20, 10:29
OK FFwd/Rwd works fine for me ... but not something I will show my wife.

Trial
06-01-20, 19:55
Hi,
ff/rewind only works for recording DVB-S/C/T and very seldom/never for other file types. If you record IPTV this will often fail. What did you record?

I just checked on my Solo2 and everything incl. tricks like slow motion is working.

Ralf