PDA

View Full Version : Loopthrough Tuner

cv05
03-11-19, 00:06
I've started using the SF8008 boxes, they are a great bang for your buck unit but one thing they don't seem have are loopthrough dual sat tuners.

Is there a way to get this to work such as adding a splitter. or any other ideas?

Huevos
03-11-19, 13:11
Best way is add a second cable.

If you only have the option for one cable put an external splitter. Loop tuner B to tuner A. Not tested but should work.

cv05
03-11-19, 23:39
Unfortunately one cable is the only option. I think the problem is that in the software of the SF8008 there is no option to choose loop through.

Andy_Hazza
04-11-19, 07:18
Unfortunately one cable is the only option. I think the problem is that in the software of the SF8008 there is no option to choose loop through.

In Tuner Config is where you would change Tuner A or Tuner B to loopthrough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickga
26-12-19, 19:20
I have the same problem and there is no loopthrough option in the tuner setup menu - the only options are Simple, Advanced, Equal to or Disabled.

Due to living in an appartment with a shared satelite dish I only have one feed from the LNB which I have split in to two to feed the two tuners hoping to switch the second one to Loopthrough. (As I used to do with my old Mara M9)
Does anybody know if there is any way of enabling this Loopthrough option?

Thanks,

cactikid
26-12-19, 20:03
I was always told never to split sat feeds for different boxes as having both powered on may fry things + weakening your signal.
If one wants more tuners you add more cables and if need be update your lnb to quad or octo depending on how many feeds you need.

Huevos
27-12-19, 00:10
If only option is single cable, use a Unicable 2 LNB.

cv05
27-12-19, 05:24
I have the same problem and there is no loopthrough option in the tuner setup menu - the only options are Simple, Advanced, Equal to or Disabled.

Due to living in an appartment with a shared satelite dish I only have one feed from the LNB which I have split in to two to feed the two tuners hoping to switch the second one to Loopthrough. (As I used to do with my old Mara M9)
Does anybody know if there is any way of enabling this Loopthrough option?

Thanks,

This is the reply I got from Octagon:

Octagon: no loop thr on 8008 twin, need extern splitter or 2 satellite cables

Me: OK thanks for getting back to me. It's a shame because it's almost the perfect box! Maybe in a revision of the SF8008?
NOV 15, 2019, 4:13 AM

Octagon: no shaem, really. no other version

cv05
27-12-19, 05:47
I was always told never to split sat feeds for different boxes as having both powered on may fry things + weakening your signal.
If one wants more tuners you add more cables and if need be update your lnb to quad or octo depending on how many feeds you need.

That's different. The vu+duo for example is a dual tuner like the SF8008 but the tuners are looped together internally meaning that you can watch and record channels that are on the same polarisation.

Not as many options as using two cables but still better than a non loop through dual tuner.

nickga
27-12-19, 08:20
That's different. The vu+duo for example is a dual tuner like the SF8008 but the tuners are looped together internally meaning that you can watch and record channels that are on the same polarisation.

Not as many options as using two cables but still better than a non loop through dual tuner.

This is what I am currently doing but the only difference is I have the second tuner set to Equal to tuner A and when I set recordings that overlap I have to make sure the two recordings are on the same polariation and frequency range. It would be so much easier if I could just set the second tuner to Loopthrough :confused:

cv05
27-12-19, 08:35
This is what I am currently doing but the only difference is I have the second tuner set to Equal to tuner A and when I set recordings that overlap I have to make sure the two recordings are on the same polariation and frequency range. It would be so much easier if I could just set the second tuner to Loopthrough :confused:

The tuners aren't connected so there is no way around it. Octagon don't seem to think it's a problem either which is a shame.

Huevos
27-12-19, 11:17
Like I said above use a Unicable 2 LNB. The restriction is self imposed. Not Octagon's fault.

nickga
27-12-19, 17:16
Like I said above use a Unicable 2 LNB. The restriction is self imposed. Not Octagon's fault.

I'd love to be able to but as I said I only have access to one feed from the dish, not the dish itself so this isn't an option unfortunately

nickga
27-12-19, 17:21
The tuners aren't connected so there is no way around it. Octagon don't seem to think it's a problem either which is a shame.

I have actually connected the tuners together to the same feed with a splitter (exactly the same as having either an internal or external loop), the danger is that I can't set it to loopthrough so I have to make sure if I set a recording I have to make sure I either watch or record something on the second tuner which is on the same polarisation and frequency so as to not risk putting different voltages from two tuners in to the same cable.
Looks like I may as well return the Octagon and stick with the old Mara M9.

twol
27-12-19, 17:23
I'd love to be able to but as I said I only have access to one feed from the dish, not the dish itself so this isn't an option unfortunately
I guess it depends on your apartment and landlord(?) but here (Germany) people somehow manage to get dishes attached in amazing ways to their apartments - driving through towns here in Bavaria its like looking at a hedgehog - dishes sprout from every wall and roof!

cactikid
27-12-19, 17:47
Have you a balcony facing the right way then all is not lost as sat dish come in all different forms.

Huevos
27-12-19, 23:53
I have actually connected the tuners together to the same feed with a splitter (exactly the same as having either an internal or external loop), the danger is that I can't set it to loopthrough so I have to make sure if I set a recording I have to make sure I either watch or record something on the second tuner which is on the same polarisation and frequency so as to not risk putting different voltages from two tuners in to the same cable.
Looks like I may as well return the Octagon and stick with the old Mara M9.Get an SPS.

nickga
28-12-19, 11:02
Have you a balcony facing the right way then all is not lost as sat dish come in all different forms.

No, unfortunately my appartment faces north.