PDA

View Full Version : help newbie H9 TWIN

stylobic
26-10-19, 15:34
Hello,

This is my 1st post, I got a brand new H9 twin and trying to use FRANSAT CAM CI+

It was delivered with OPENATV 6.3 but as I understand, CIPLUSHELPER is not included in OPENATV SW since end of 2018 for legal stuff.
I tried to install this plugin from USB stick but got an error, so maybe someone could help to either to install a different SW like VIX or give the procedure to install this plugin.

twol
26-10-19, 17:16
As far as I can see (haven‘t loaded up an ATV image - so just from reading the forum post) its in the feeds and downloadable

stylobic
26-10-19, 19:13
If you're talking about CI+helper, then yes it is downloadable, but I get an error when trying to install. Is there any other software that could include this function ? vix ?

ccs
26-10-19, 19:15
… there's no CI+ on ViX.

stylobic
26-10-19, 19:16
all right, any advise ?

twol
26-10-19, 19:20
Report it on OpenATV forum ... its their issue

stylobic
26-10-19, 19:23
I could do this,but any other software that could let me use receiver CI with CI+ 1.3 standard ?

twol
26-10-19, 20:22
I could do this,but any other software that could let me use receiver CI with CI+ 1.3 standard ?

Not that I am aware of ... post on their English thread (they are currently running a 6.4 ß - But don‘t know if they have a build for your receiver)

stylobic
26-10-19, 21:10
thx for info

stylobic
29-10-19, 19:49
I could get it to work, finally. But strange, after I did install ciplushelp plugin, it does not appear nowhere in the plugin list, but it works.
Still trying to understand the basics of this receiver, but hard to guess. I had no user manual included, so if someone can provide it he will be more than welcome !

Sicilian
29-10-19, 20:02
I could get it to work, finally. But strange, after I did install ciplushelp plugin, it does not appear nowhere in the plugin list, but it works.
Still trying to understand the basics of this receiver, but hard to guess. I had no user manual included, so if someone can provide it he will be more than welcome !

A user manual is of no use when using 3rd party firmware such as OpenATV. Manufacturers of E2 boxes rarely provide manuals due to this.

stylobic
29-10-19, 20:07
I dn't need info related to the software of course, but more of the hardware. i have no clue which LNB IN is A or B, which CAM clot is 1 or 2, how to make a scan whith hundred different parameters... when you are beginner it could help a lot and avoid loss of time searching, trying.

arion75
01-11-19, 20:48

Can be installed on any software. I've checked it out. Simply on many images this need to do forcibly. :lifting:

amyren
06-11-19, 16:28

Vix does have a 100+ pages pdf manual.
Just google with keywords: vix manual pdf
and you should find the link to it.
Even if you use other image, I think many things are set up in a similar way so the manual could still be useful for beginners.

Also you could download the Vix image and install it into your box, using the multiboot feature.
To do this, first download the latest OpenVix image for your tuner and put it on a fat32 formatted usb stick.
(currently this is openvix-5.3.009.release-zgemmah9twin_mmc.zip, google "vix image zgemma h9 twin" and you will find a link)
Restart your box while pushing and holding the powerbutton on your remote, until the display shows red "rCUY".
You will then see the boot menu to select which image to boot, at the bottom of the menu select "Bootmenu" for setup.
Insert the USB stick into the usb port, there is one behing the cardreader cover at the front.
Now, select local image, and you should see your usb stick listed at the next page.
Select and open the usb to find the openvix-5.3.009.release-zgemmah9twin_mmc.zip file.
Now you must select which slot to install the image.
If you only have one image in your box already, then select the second slot. Note that if you select a slot which already have an image installed, this will be overwritten.
Now the flashing will start, just wait for this to finish.
The new image should now be listed at the main menu, select it to boot it.

stylobic
20-03-20, 15:56
Thx for the help, as you should know, due to Eutelsat change, I can't receive my provider anymore. I will sell this receiver as I switched to IPTV, there's no other solution for me, leaving abroad.

jice636
17-12-21, 21:44
Bonjour à tous, ou peut-on télécharger le plugin ciplushelper pour un gigablue avec une image openvix, an quelle version ?