PDA

View Full Version : Audio drops off when changing radio channels

jonib
07-10-19, 17:31
I have a TM Nano SE. Audio is fine on all TV channels. However in Radio mode, there is intermittently no sound when selecting certain radio channels. Audio on that channel can only be restored by pressing the Audio button on the remote and switching AC3 downmix from Passthrough to Downmix, then back again or vice versa which then restores the audio until the channel is changed again.

The problem persists on both HDMI and TOSLINK ouptuts. Some radio channels are more prone to this than others. BBC radio channels on 28.2e are particularly a problem. Other stations less so.

I am quite certain the problem is not related to signal strength as SNR is 100%, Signal gain 16.3dB, BER 0

I suspect this is a software bug. Tried rebooting and resetting, but no luck. Problem persists on both Openvix 5.2 & 5.3

Any ideas?

Andy_Hazza
07-10-19, 18:50
I wouldn’t think a software bug as I listen to the radio channels on a regular basis. My Vu+ receivers are good at receiving radio, so not sure unless a Technomate driver bug....
See if any Technomate users shout up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonib
07-10-19, 20:51
Thanks for the advice Andy. An outdated driver does make sense. Not sure however where I can download this. Nothing on TM's website

jonib
24-10-19, 10:52
I wouldn’t think a software bug as I listen to the radio channels on a regular basis. My Vu+ receivers are good at receiving radio, so not sure unless a Technomate driver bug....
See if any Technomate users shout up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been unable to find an updated driver which might fix the problem. Tried Open ATV image, but the problem persists. The only thing I do notice is that if I doa factory reset followed by a restore, then this sometimes works for a few hours, but then problem comes back next day. I downloaded the Cache flush plugin to see if this would help, but it makes no difference.

It seems to me that the audio decoder might be crashing. Maybe the reason why sound can be restored by toggling the audio downmix/passthrough is that it is resetting the audio decoder? However it is a mystery why this is never a problem on TV channels.

As there doesn't seem to be any other Technomate Nano SE users out there experiencing the same symptoms, I am beginning to wonder if its a hardware problem