PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] 5.3.004 not seeing NTFS

LbCwby
06-10-19, 15:36
Hi,
First of all a big THANK YOU to all the people so tirelessly working on OpenVIX to make it even better than it already is.

Then to what I just noticed.
Updated from 5.3.002 to 5.3.004 and could not find my 4Tb NTFS USB harddisk, previously mounted as SDC1, for over a year.
It just was not there anymore
My other Ext4 HDD were.
The NTFS-plugin was available, but probably not seen or taken into account anymore.
Then chose to load 5.3.002 image again, and the drive was back again.

As going back to other image solved it for now, there is no hurry, but I just wanted to mention it, incase more users run into this.

Good luck and carry on the great work,
Hans

twol
06-10-19, 18:40
I assume you tried installing the ntfs drivers from the feeeds?

cactikid
06-10-19, 19:48
Might it work if samba was used instead.

LbCwby
06-10-19, 20:40
@twol - yes, un-installed and re-installed. no change, stayed unmounted

@cactikid - why would I want to use Samba, if it has been working for a long time with NTFS-driver, and resumed to work after going back to 002 ?

cactikid
06-10-19, 22:02
Previously a number of boxes of mine could not mount and changed to samba which then mounted all.

birdman
07-10-19, 02:11
Might it work if samba was used instead.Samba is for mounting file-systems from other systems.

birdman
07-10-19, 02:40
The NTFS-plugin was available, but probably not seen or taken into account anymore.It is available, but was it installed?
It isn't by default.
So my system wouldn't mount an ntfs file system until enigma2-plugin-drivers-ntfs-3g was installed. Then it would mount it (just tested that...).

LbCwby
08-10-19, 19:42
@birdman -
the ntfs plugin was, as mentioned in my response to twol, installed. Then to be sure there was no newer version, un-installed and re-installed from plugins. This did not solve the problem.
With my remark regarding the ntfs plugin availability not being seen / taken into account, I meant that possibly a program or routine in the mount-information is not able to access the plugin for some reason, and thus cannot mount the ntfs volume.

twol
08-10-19, 19:49
Is the ntfs HDD with its own power???
Whats in the dmesg log? Can you attach and send?
So can we also have debug log?
Boot the receiver without the HDD and then plug it in so we can see what happens.

LbCwby
09-10-19, 18:19
@twol
BTW, now installed 005 version and it now is working again, so I'm happy
Well 005 version? In the available download-notes, previous to installing, it said 005, with date 08-10-2019, reason why I tried it, but ... now in Information it says it is 004. Beats me.

IF you still want the log, from what version do you want this done 002, 004 or both?
The NTFS HDD is powered by USB only (no 230V connection), and did and does get powered.

twol
09-10-19, 19:13
Did you do a software update or Image flash?
No need for log if it works, but I do wonder about the usb powered HDD ..... not a good idea and may have been & will be a future issue..

cactikid
09-10-19, 19:41
Few people have had issues with usb passports that did not work as i had 2 never worked and any box that needs external Hdd is a powered desktop one.
Others say a powered hub may work better with your usb hdd.