PDA

View Full Version : What Image?

bouncy
08-02-11, 18:23
Hi all, I've ordered the VU+ Duo Receiver and it will be here tomorrow but I've a few questions. What image should I be installing on the receiver? I'll be needing to use CCcam and have access to a UK EPG.

My second question is this, my receiver is coming with a 1TB Hard Drive but they also offered me a 4GB pen drive with my purchase, what is this used or need for?

Many Thanks

jcm193
08-02-11, 18:34
Hi iam also getting mine tomorrow,ive been using vix 1.1 on my solo so i probably use vix 1.3 on the duo as iam used to the menu`s etc.To be honest i think its down to personal choice really,I have admit ive tried all the images available for the solo and i always come back to vix i think the onl way to find out is to try them and see what you like the best enjoy the reciver anyway

Hi all, I've ordered the VU+ Duo Receiver and it will be here tomorrow but I've a few questions. What image should I be installing on the receiver? I'll be needing to use CCcam and have access to a UK EPG.

My second question is this, my receiver is coming with a 1TB Hard Drive but they also offered me a 4GB pen drive with my purchase, what is this used or need for?

Many Thanks

silverfox0786
08-02-11, 18:56
go for VIX again mate its stable fun and sexy lol

and the new release will be out very soon too

i have a 1 DUO and 2 SOLOs and run VIX on em all never had a problem yet

bobonthejob
08-02-11, 19:14
Only one image for it .......................VIX....

As Silverfox said...Keep your eyes peeled....New release will be out very soon....

And i promise you wont be dissapointed :D

bouncy
08-02-11, 19:30
Fantastic !!! Thanks for the advice !!! What about the 4GB Pen Drive question? Lol I've no idea? Is it for EPG's and picons?

bobonthejob
08-02-11, 19:31
I use my pen drive to store my epg data and also for my swap file.

bouncy
08-02-11, 19:54
Ok I've just downloaded VIX 1.3 there was 2 versions. .zip & .nfi so I've downloaded both. Which do I use and how do I install it?

gipo
08-02-11, 20:05
Follow this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick), its very simple.

bouncy
08-02-11, 20:19
Excellent. Many thanks !!! I used to upload my image on my Dreambox DM800HD by typing it's IP Address into my web browser and uploading the .nfi file. Is this still possible too?

bassethound
08-02-11, 20:44
No sorry you will find that flashing by USB is the quickest and most simplest way :D

bouncy
08-02-11, 20:57
No problem :)

jjp2701
08-02-11, 21:00
i would go for the persian hd image, in my opinion the best image out there, gives a true signal reading, sd pic and hd pic is the best out there, i have tried all images, and this up to now has been the most stable one, and everything is already installed in the image m8

jcm193
08-02-11, 21:30
Having a look on the net about this image it appears that every forum ive checked has complaints about spamming,is this image for real or is it just spam anyone actiually know?

bouncy
08-02-11, 22:12
I'm DEFINATELY going with VIX image because every forum I've checked up tonight all seem to agree this is the image to use.

silverfox0786
08-02-11, 22:26
I'm DEFINATELY going with VIX image because every forum I've checked up tonight all seem to agree this is the image to use.

good on ya mate

the new release when ready will be the bee's knees

jcm193
08-02-11, 22:34
I think have to agree iam going to stick with what i know really looking forward to receiving my vu+duo and the continued support etc of this site

bouncy
09-02-11, 15:04
Gutted to find out I'm not getting my box delivered until tomorrow :-( it showed up as hazardous in the X-ray ???

world-of-satellite.co.uk
09-02-11, 15:12
I'm assuming this wasn't ordered from my store was it?

jjp2701
09-02-11, 15:16
here is the image i am on about usb and nfi version

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6170-Persian-HD-Project-For-VuPlus-Duo-HD-(Public-Build)-USB-amp-NFI-07-02-201

bassethound has put it on this forum, it is a very good and very stable image

bassethound
09-02-11, 15:27
There are images out there for all users dont be afraid to try a few before picking your fav

jcm193
09-02-11, 15:48
So how do you download new plugins etc on this image and how do you get the softcam manager

jjp2701
09-02-11, 15:51
press menu then plugins, then the plugins are there to download, as for softcam manager its in the menu, even the cams are all there, and it has cccam 2.2.1 preinstalled

Sicilian
09-02-11, 15:54
I wouldn't re-flash just yet, there might be something else released very soon ;)

satsatsat
09-02-11, 15:56
ohhh is sicilian telling us something lol......
the box and the image are both the business and you made a great choice with both....

jcm193
09-02-11, 16:04
Ive just tried it and to be honest you need to go through to many menus to get what you want and i can not see anyway of downloading new plugins,back to vix 1.3

jjp2701
09-02-11, 16:06
Ive just tried it and to be honest you need to go through to many menus to get what you want and i can not see anyway of downloading new plugins,back to vix 1.3

well its all there m8, just need to look,

i will be trying the new vix image when it arrives, vix 1.3 for me wasnt sharp enough on sd pics, and had a few problems, like it kept turning itself off, and green screening, hopefully the new version, will be ironed out

jcm193
09-02-11, 16:14
Fair comment the image is really nice but when your used to pressing the green buton to download plugins anything else is alittle odd and iam personally so used to pressing the blue button and the softcam manager being there,down to persoanal choice i guess

jjp2701
09-02-11, 16:24
but softcam manager, u cant get any cams anymore of most images m8

jcm193
09-02-11, 16:28
I use the softcam manager to restart not to add anymore cams ive gone back to what i know now anyway and like yourself iam looking forward to the new vix

bouncy
09-02-11, 17:51
I'm assuming this wasn't ordered from my store was it?

I didn't even know this site sold them sorry :(

world-of-satellite.co.uk
09-02-11, 17:53
I didn't even know this site sold them sorry :(

No worries, was just asking incase there was an issue that we weren't aware of ;)

bouncy
09-02-11, 18:26
I'm gutted I think you are £15 cheaper too :)

Sicilian
09-02-11, 18:35
I'm gutted I think you are £15 cheaper too :)

You could refuse delivery, have returned and buy from our sponsor ;) You'll have 7days to cancel an the order provided its unused and in original packaging.

silverfox0786
09-02-11, 19:29
yes mate thats true even if u received and signed for it you have 7 days to return it unopened under the distance selling act

bouncy
09-02-11, 21:40
Do you think I could last a few more days waiting with excitement. And especially now after seeing VIX 2.0 has released :D

Human 19
09-02-11, 21:42
I was using Vix and after trying unsuccessfully for days to get the VLC plugin to stream PC files to the vu+ I gave up. I have now installed blackhole 1.4.4 mediatomb server.
It took some research and configuring but after installing the mediatomb server in Ubuntu and switching on the DJclient on the blackhole image , I can now stream from the computer to the vu+, so I will stick with this image for a while.

The pendrive is for saving your chosen downloaded image to (among other possibilities) so you can "flash" (install) the vu+ with whatever image you choose.

Quick guide how to flash a VU+ Duo receiver with a USB stick. Tools required are just your favourite image and at least a 128mb memory stick formatted FAT32.

1. Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.
4. Unzip the USB upgrade files into that directory.
5. Power off your VU+ Duo.
6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
7. Power on your VU+ Duo and follow the on screen instructions.

bouncy
10-02-11, 16:07
Box arrived today and so far so good but just need help on a few setup problems. Using Vix 2.0

1. How do I download/install CCcam
2. How do I setup the USB pen drive so I can use it for the swap file, EPG etc
3. How do I setup the EPG?

Many Thanks

Stanman
10-02-11, 19:11
Box arrived today and so far so good but just need help on a few setup problems. Using Vix 2.0

1. How do I download/install CCcam
2. How do I setup the USB pen drive so I can use it for the swap file, EPG etc
3. How do I setup the EPG?

Many Thanks

1. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images
2. If its the same as VIX 1.2, put the drive in and than reboot and go into mount manager and select device and mount - VU might even auto mount it after reboot
3. I use crossepg. Need to go into vix menu and than crossepg and configure. You will need to specify download location for the EPG, source and time of DL