PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for adding multiple iptv.sh files and making them all autostart

riom
28-09-19, 20:22
Hi, I am using the latest vix image and I would like to add multiple iptv lists onto my VU+ reciever

I am using the following script in putty to add m3u lines

wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh "URL_HERE_&type=enigma22_script&output=mpegts" && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh

and

wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv2.sh "URL_HERE_&type=enigma22_script&output=mpegts" && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv2.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv2.sh

For some reason only IPTV.sh refreshes the playlist when I reboot, but how do I get the IPTV2.SH list to autostart also?

thanks

abu baniaz
28-09-19, 20:29
you will need to look the scripts and see what they do, one may be overwriting the other or both doing the same thing with different user/url. you may need to edit one of them.

twol
28-09-19, 20:56
I am sure Abu is correct

You would do better (and have far more control) by using one of the plugins to load up the bouquets eg e2m3u2bouquet or jedi.

Using these scripts is (in my view) only for 1st time users - and for multiple providers only going to cause issues.

riom
28-09-19, 21:29
I am sure Abu is correct

You would do better (and have far more control) by using one of the plugins to load up the bouquets eg e2m3u2bouquet or jedi.

Using these scripts is (in my view) only for 1st time users - and for multiple providers only going to cause issues.

Thanks for your suggestion, I have tried both e2m3u2bouquet and jedi but they both made my box crash alot. Neither of those apps were in the Vix plugins list, I had to download them and add them manually, which suggests maybe those apps don't run well on my model VU+. Maybe it's time for a better spec VU+?

Using the scripts is quite stable for me, but as I mentioned before I can only get iptv.sh list to autostart when booting up and not iptv2.sh.

dsayers
28-09-19, 22:11
Try editing the pre_start.sh (maybe named differently) I think it's in usr/bin you may see it's already got the iptv.sh just copy the line and paste below and change every iptv.sh to iptv2.sh

Edit this may not be as simple as the iptv.sh may may override the pre_start.sh on boot

riom
29-09-19, 12:54
Try editing the pre_start.sh (maybe named differently) I think it's in usr/bin you may see it's already got the iptv.sh just copy the line and paste below and change every iptv.sh to iptv2.sh

Edit this may not be as simple as the iptv.sh may may override the pre_start.sh on boot

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I added the second line to pre_start.sh but unfortunately you were correct, it got overridden after I added a new playlist.

Fortunately I have found a work-around. I copied the pre_start.sh script to iptv.sh so that it evokes iptv1.sh and iptv2.sh on startup

So iptv.sh now looks like this:

/bin/sh /etc/enigma2/iptv1.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &
/bin/sh /etc/enigma2/iptv2.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &

This seems to do the job.

Thanks guys