PDA

View Full Version : Box to Box streaming?

lespat
17-09-19, 17:34
I have a Zgemma H7s (main) and a Edision Nino Pro I want to use in the bedroom to avoid putting in new extra sat/terrestrial cables. Can I stream from one to the other without a router i.e. box to box direct? If possible, is there a guide for set up etc. or can anyone advise.

lespat
18-09-19, 07:01
Anyone? Please or is the question too elementary?

twol
18-09-19, 07:07
I think the only way you are going to do this is by using network power plugs - which will give you a router connection - other wise don‘t see a way.

Trial
18-09-19, 07:33
Hi,
it should be possible but you must give both boxes fixed IP and of course you need a cable connection between these 2.

Ralf

abu baniaz
18-09-19, 08:47
There was a thread a while back mentioning a crossover cable. You will have to set IP addresses/gateways accordingly.

If you have a router, the second receiver can work in client mode or use RCSC.

I use a HDMI extender, TM-55. It requires a network cable between the two units. Don't know if power plugs would work on it.

lespat
18-09-19, 09:38
Thanks all, a lot to think about, didn't think it would be as easy as I first thought. Don't know what RCSC is?

twol
18-09-19, 10:04
RCSC is the predecessor to Client Server and is a more manual system.

lespat
18-09-19, 10:19
Thanks TWOL, sounds like a backward step then. Was hoping to use the wi-fi capabilities for box to box connectivity of these 2 4k receivers. Seems to work well when connecting laptop (via direct crossover) to Zgemma via WEBif. And my simple logic made me think I would just swap the Laptop for a client box?

twol
18-09-19, 11:04
I am guessing there must be a router/modem in the house, so why cannot you use powerplugs to get a connection? One next to the router/modem and one in the bedroom?

lespat
18-09-19, 14:54
No modem/router in the house. We only use mobile data/internet and as a hotspot as and when needed. Anything more would be wasted on us.