PDA

View Full Version : Will the next VIX release be based on original 5.6 image

Alanp
08-02-11, 15:04
Will the next VIX release be based on original 5.6 image I only ask as I am receiving my DVB-S2 usb tunner from Sundtek this week and 5.6 supports this Thanks Alan

Alanp
08-02-11, 15:07
Thanks Sic looking foward to this release when its ready

Sicilian
08-02-11, 15:19
Thanks Sic looking foward to this release when its ready

Sorry, was thinking about Sundtek DVB-T, thats why I deleted my post. We will need to check this.

stanley1
08-02-11, 20:03
will vix 1.4 be software update or completely reflashed.

bassethound
08-02-11, 20:06
Im afraid you will have to do fresh instal

silverfox0786
08-02-11, 20:17
will vix 1.4 be software update or completely reflashed.

as basset says a reflash is needed

this and any other observations will be out lined clearly for you guys in the release notes

stanley1
08-02-11, 20:19
ok thanks for that info, hoping for next weekend release.

nzdream
08-02-11, 20:38
This is a joke btw guys I know we cant talk about the release date. I noticed that all of the other VIX releases were released while the X factor was on.... I hope we don’t have to wait till the next series lol

RogerThis
08-02-11, 21:21
Nobody answered the the OP's question. Will VIX 1.4 be based on original 5.6 image?

silverfox0786
08-02-11, 21:30
Nobody answered the the OP's question. Will VIX 1.4 be based on original 5.6 image?

need to wait and see what will happen its still an eary release to say

pooface
08-02-11, 22:43
This is a joke btw guys I know we cant talk about the release date. I noticed that all of the other VIX releases were released while the X factor was on.... I hope we don’t have to wait till the next series lol

Don't worry, maybe dancing on ice will save you ;) How long till the series finishes?! Damn, we might have to hurry up guys ;) :roflmao:

GiP
09-02-11, 12:34
Hi,

as I have reported in other threads I have a problem with the HD (WD Caviar Green 500GB)and Vix 1.3, as most of the time after a restart the BIOS fails to recognize it. As this is annoying I thought about buying another one. But.. I have seen that one of the improvement in the 5.6 is "Fix HDD Detection problem at bootup" so I'd rather avoid the expense and work involved if 5.6 will be available in VIX "soon" (assuming this will fix my problem, of course..).

So, I am not badgering, prodding, poking, prying or something like this but is it possible to have an idea on this "soon" so I can make a decision?

Thanks,
G

pooface
09-02-11, 12:46
Hi,

as I have reported in other threads I have a problem with the HD (WD Caviar Green 500GB)and Vix 1.3, as most of the time after a restart the BIOS fails to recognize it. As this is annoying I thought about buying another one. But.. I have seen that one of the improvement in the 5.6 is "Fix HDD Detection problem at bootup" so I'd rather avoid the expense and work involved if 5.6 will be available in VIX "soon" (assuming this will fix my problem, of course..).

So, I am not badgering, prodding, poking, prying or something like this but is it possible to have an idea on this "soon" so I can make a decision?

Thanks,
G

Depends on how desperate you are to change the hdd (can't really say for sure how long until release, but I wouldn't go out buying one personally until I'd at least installed the official 5.6 image and the jumper trick is that still doesn't solve it... read on). Have you tried changing the jumpers on the hdd though? There's a jumper which tells it to work only on 1.5gbps option... That's reported to solve the problem...

bassethound
09-02-11, 12:48
No one can answer that till the image is released and you try it

as there is no compatibility list from VU its still a bit of a hit and miss which HDD is supported/working

fingers crossed for you that it works GiP

the new image is very close to being released :D

silverfox0786
09-02-11, 17:31
image released today now u guys can check it and see

pooface
09-02-11, 20:57
Hi,

Thanks,
G

Give the new ViX image a try ... Hopefully you didn't get too frustrated and go out and buy one :)

Hopefully this fixes your problem :)