PDA

View Full Version : M2TS playback improvements?

Cougar
08-02-11, 12:43
Are we likely to see M2TS file support on the VU boxes in the near future?
I have loads of HD camcorder footage which I can't currently play.
Someome suggested that I change the file extension to 'ts' but this doesn't work as the picture stutters and pixelates.

mmcmedia
08-02-11, 14:11
Iam using vti 2.2 and have no problems playing .ts files at all , its not just as simple as changing the file ext from .m2ts - ts that simply aint gonna work what youll need to do is convert it from .m2ts - .ts and need to a program called " tsmuxer " which can be googled and this will do the job as i use it to convert full bluray .m2ts files to .ts files and then watch happily on me vu hdd , and a simple program to use aswell

Cougar
08-02-11, 16:41
I have no problem playing true 'ts' files, it's m2ts files I am having problems with. Conversion is really time consuming, and wondered if any future images will have support for m2ts files.

pooface
08-02-11, 16:52
I have no problem playing true 'ts' files, it's m2ts files I am having problems with. Conversion is really time consuming, and wondered if any future images will have support for m2ts files.

afaik, tsmuxer doesn't convert files. It's just re-muxes them. Files I've worked on with it have managed to remux in about 1-2 minutes (1.5-2gb files). Never tried for m2ts files, but wouldn't think they'd be any longer to work with, just dependant on the file size really and processor...

Give it a go with one of the files and see how long it takes:

http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html