PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Xtrend 10000 USB flash process hangs

flyferrari
06-09-19, 10:43
I have an Xtrend 10000 which is (was!!!) on the original software it was shipped with. I decided it was long overdue for an update so followed the USB image flashing instructions carefully. I now have a receiver that says "flashing" on the front panel but is doing nothing. The light on the USB drive stopped flashing after a few minutes but the machine didn't reboot. What should I do now?

Andy_Hazza
06-09-19, 14:00
Try different usb sticks, cos if I remember correctly I had problems flashing images with certain usb sticks etc when I had the Xtrend ET10000.
The Bootloader hasn’t changed since 2015 so most likely your choice of usb stick.
Tips: make sure no other usb devices are plugged in, be it an external HDD etc. Make sure your format the usb stick to Fat32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cactikid
06-09-19, 17:19
Kingston,Cruzer and Integral 8gb i use and no issues.

flyferrari
06-09-19, 18:05
Problem solved. Switched the xTrend off and back on. Had my heart in my mouth as it refused to boot past the xTrend splash screen. I then downloaded the previous version of VIX (5.2) onto the same USB stick and it flashed and rebooted fine. I then hooked up an internet source to the xTrend and used image manager to flash to VIX 5.3. What a faf but all done now. Now to list it on eBay as the only reason I was doing all this was to sell it. Thanks for the replys.

cactikid
06-09-19, 20:33
We also have a sales and wanted section on the forum.