PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Flashing Image- new 5.3 release

misiokicio
01-09-19, 10:36
Good Morning all, first time i experience a problem like this one, tried two usb sticks already, never had issues with em before, formatted to fat32, copied folder to usb, box power off, no other usb devices in use, it get stuck on flashing image? what can i do?

v8rick
01-09-19, 10:41
download and Flash from image manager

misiokicio
01-09-19, 10:46
life saver thanks :) aye got it, got scared there for a sec xd never used to that way of flashing mate

misiokicio
03-11-19, 21:21
Guys i really need some help please, I was trying openspa image, flashed it using Image manager in Openvix, all went fine, but i really dislike the openspa and trying to get back to Openvix, problem is, it wont flash using usb, tried few different usb sticks, following the tutorials, its just stuck at flashing image, last time i updated openvix with image manager, but i dont have that with openspa, tried flashing image with openspa but it wont unzip openvix image :( please can anyone guide me in the direction please?

abu baniaz
03-11-19, 21:28
For any receiver supported by PLI, you can flash using Dimitrij's plugin. You can install the plugin on almost all images

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56800-Automatic-full-backup-by-Dimitrij

abu baniaz
03-11-19, 21:30
You can also flash using Grog's script. See my signature for Linux command thread

misiokicio
03-11-19, 21:58
For any receiver supported by PLI, you can flash using Dimitrij's plugin. You can install the plugin on almost all images

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56800-Automatic-full-backup-by-Dimitrij

Installed the plugin, but havent got a clue how to use to flash the image? there is option to restore backup( i dont have any) and that second option to flash using telnet, im a total knob , no idea how to use it

misiokicio
03-11-19, 22:16
Hey thanks for ur help bud :) after long and stressful hours, image restore on openspa worked,, thank f.... finally back to my Openvix,, and wont ever try doin this again and trying anything else, lesson learned

abu baniaz
03-11-19, 22:44
With regards to "telnet", theeris a picture with instructions. Best to try it as a learning process. Just log into your receiver for a start