PDA

View Full Version : Recording IPTV

jamesjay
20-08-19, 15:44
Hi All, I am hoping someone can provide their experience with recording from IPTV on the +Solo2...I am running ViX by tye way, I have a good stable provider and I am about to renew but don't know if it is worth getting an extra line for recording when I am out.

From what I read it appears to be hit and miss even with a good provider, I do have fast fibre broadband so will not have problem with internet speed.

Any help would be appreciated
James.

Andy_Hazza
20-08-19, 17:26
My advice is treat IPTV as Live TV and nothing else. You won’t get frustrated then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesjay
23-08-19, 15:25
Thanks Andy for your advice...even my provider advised me to just stick to live viewing.

Thanks again
James.

Andy_Hazza
23-08-19, 15:45
I have a couple of great receivers that has the Stalker plugin which is great for IPTV. The Octagon SF8008 is a great box and I’ve been testing the Zgemma H9S which has Stalker available too. I got my friend a Zgemma i55 which comes with Stalker preinstalled which is good too. The i55 is just a client box with no tuners, a good cheap option though.

Sicilian
23-08-19, 17:40
Amiko Viper 4K is a nice box too, same as the SF8008 but without built in WiFi.

imish
25-08-19, 10:30
My advice is treat IPTV as Live TV and nothing else. You won’t get frustrated then.

Whats the technical reason behind the "hit and miss" of recording with IPTV?

I have three enigma boxes and they all record IPTV in 5-7 mins chunks and struggle to record the entire program.....bizarre.

twol
25-08-19, 12:55
If you get a „hiccup“ in the streaming from your provider, then error recovery is poor - so depends on how solid the stream is or isn‘t - E2 was built for satellite streams not IPTV.

bbbuk
25-08-19, 14:50
I understand the 1: service ref is better at recovering "hiccups" but as this stream was designed purely for satellite streams there can be a lot of these "hiccups".

Whereas, other service refs (4097:, etc) buffer the stream first so reduces likelyhood of "hiccups". However, if there is a "hiccup" its more likely not going to recover.

Basically, can't win lol :)