PDA

View Full Version : Picture vanished now I can't get a picture.

stu232
17-08-19, 16:09
I was watching TV earlier on my OSMini when the screen went black and the No Signal message popped up on the screen.

I rebooted the box but although the box was booting the TV wasn't receiving a signal, I swapped the HDMI cable into various other HDMI sockets on the TV but still no signal, I tried a few other HDMI cables but still no signal.

The box is alive and kicking as I can stream the picture to my PC using VLC, it's just the HDMI output that's vanished. Using the Web Interface I tried changing the video settings from 1080p to 1080i, 720p, 720i, 576i etc.... but still no signal.

I did a factory reset - no signal.
I downloaded and installed the latest VIX firmware via USB - no signal.

I connected the box to my PC monitor - perfect picture, I connected it to the TV in my bedroom - perfect picture!

The box has been connected to my TV (Panasonic Viera) for about 3 years and I've never had any sort of signal issue, my TV supports every resolution imaginable so it's not as if the box is sending a signal my TV can't handle, also why would it decide to switch resolution while I'm watching Sky News?!

I've tested all the HDMI sockets on my TV with various games consoles and Bluray players, they all display fine, it's just my OS Mini that's decided to stop sending a signal to this one particular TV.

Very strange.

:confused::confused::confused:

I also tried using the AV adaptor on the rear, no signal from that either.

twol
17-08-19, 16:18
When you do the system reset or usb flash I assume you get a setup picture on the TV??? If not how do you know the flash worked?

stu232
17-08-19, 16:23
Nothing on the screen at all.
I can see the flashing happening via the VFD, it displays BOOT, I press OK on the remote and it goes into a sort of count down, then it reboots.
When I connect the box to another TV I can see that the update has been applied.

cactikid
17-08-19, 16:58
Panasonic vierra if like mine can work if box is on 1080p or 1080i.One word of caution is not to play with cables while units are powered on as ports do blow.
Have you tried powering off box and tv checking hdmi is fully inserted on both.
Have you removed usb that had the image on it when off.
Power on tv and box and wait a few minutes more to see if anything is happening.

stu232
17-08-19, 17:21
I am guilty of removing cables and USB whilst the power is on. :(

I think my HDMI sockets might be dying, if not dead already.

cactikid
17-08-19, 20:29
It can get very expensive doing that way but its a learning thing.
Next is your av cable a 3.5 jack with red/white/yellow phono plugs and source changed on tv,not sure source needs changing on box also.

Power surges and spikes kill many things.