PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] shellinabox git source not found

bear
13-08-19, 23:13
Trying to build an image and am getting this error for the shellinabox bb file:
Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://github.com/ravermeister/shellinabox.git;branch=dev'

This git ref is no longer valid, tried using the nominal shellinabox git source however this fails too(SRCREV doesn't match).

twol
14-08-19, 08:30
How are you trying to build an image?
What are you trying to build?
Where are you getting your sources?

Need a bit more information!

bear
15-08-19, 00:28
Twol thanks, should have popped a bit more info in, have been building fine for a while now up until a week or so ago.

source from here:
git clone git://github.com/oe-alliance/build-environment.git -b 4.3

building openvix image for a vuzero4k:
MACHINE=vuzero4k DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make image

birdman
15-08-19, 01:45
I had a build run on 09 Aug which downloaded this at 00:06 using this command:

LANG=C git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 clone --bare --mirror git://github.com/ravermeister/shellinabox.git /var/tmp/dev-build/oe-alliance/sources/git2/github.com.ravermeister.shellinabox.git --progress
If I try to run that now (with a suitably-changed output location) I get:

fatal: remote error:
Repository not found.

So it seems to have gone away recently.

The build passed through various mirrors on the way, not finding it there either.

Of course, I do have a copy of the downloaded files.

birdman
15-08-19, 01:54
It's possible that this is the same or similar:

https://github.com/shellinabox/shellinabox

twol
15-08-19, 07:03
So a couple of options:
Remove the .bb or entry that builds it (often the likelyhood of needing some of these things is minimal)
Can probably give you a link to the download from my sources folder and .done file so that it will just build.

If you have been building for a while (unless its been updated) it suggests you are not saving your sources folder - I would do so! Saves a lot of issues (its pointed to by your site.conf file - DL_DIR =). Move it to a somewhere safe and change teh site.conf to point to it. (Mines on a NAS)

ronand
15-08-19, 08:23
I noticed this yesterday too. Unfortunately shellinabox is needed for openwebif. The files at the shellinabox github are different. I have uploaded it for anyone who needs it

h**ps://gofile.io/?c=jIAOht

ronand
15-08-19, 20:22
Unfortunately I think the files I have are too old (from the 4.2 branch) so if anyone can upload the current version then that would be appreciated.

birdman
15-08-19, 21:35
Unfortunately I think the files I have are too old (from the 4.2 branch) so if anyone can upload the current version then that would be appreciated.

I have the latest version, but where do I need to upload it to?

ronand
15-08-19, 22:08
Any free filehosting will do I suppose.

birdman
16-08-19, 00:38
Any free filehosting will do I suppose.Which isn't going to help anyone doing a standard install from scratch.
For that it needs to go into one of the mirrors. Such as:

http://openvix.co.uk/feeds_extras/sources-mirror/
Although given that OpenWebIF is not Vix-specific a non-Vix-specific mirror might be preferable.

LraiZer
16-08-19, 12:01
Try this before build?
cd meta-oe-alliance
git revert --no-edit cf19f91a047a4495e4a745849a341a2de9cbd8a3

twol
16-08-19, 12:22
These are my 4.3 files - funny enough I have both versions of shellinabox, so have included both in the zip.
The git2_ files go straight into the sources folder, the non git2_ files go in the sources folder/git2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxfe4turpg9wd5u/Shellinabox.zip?dl=0

I will delete after the weekend or when I remember to go there next if that is later.

birdman
17-08-19, 10:44
But what is going to be done about building Vix from scratch?
That requires access to the shellinabox source via a download.

twol
17-08-19, 10:53
But what is going to be done about building Vix from scratch?
That requires access to the shellinabox source via a download.

Why? If its in the sources and marked as done ...... thats why you shouldn’t delete the source folder

ronand
17-08-19, 11:01
I agree that its best to keep the sources folder baked up. Unfortunately not everyone has the sources or maybe it is the first time they try to build an image. My problem is that my hard drives usually get wiped for some other purpose in a hurry and I don't bother to back up the sources folder. Also the git address for libbluray has changed address too so maybe someone could have a look at that.

twol
17-08-19, 11:28
I agree that its best to keep the sources folder baked up. Unfortunately not everyone has the sources or maybe it is the first time they try to build an image. My problem is that my hard drives usually get wiped for some other purpose in a hurry and I don't bother to back up the sources folder. Also the git address for libbluray has changed address too so maybe someone could have a look at that.

Absolutely, when I 1st started and had constant issues someone took the time to give me a link to their sources files so that I could pick it up - have never looked back since then - and I always have a copy available.

abu baniaz
17-08-19, 11:44
All broken fetches should be fixed and build process should work from scratch.

Just raise an issue in the build environment section on GitHub and someone will fix it. I'm sure the shellinabox one has been done.

Yes, it is advantageous to save the sources.

twol
17-08-19, 13:52
Just got fixed on the OE-A (shell in a box)

birdman
18-08-19, 10:05
Why? If its in the sources and marked as done ...... thats why you shouldn’t delete the source folderA position that works fine if you have already done a build (as you have) but is useless for any newcomer who hasn't.

It should always be possible to rebuild Vix from scratch.

twol
18-08-19, 11:15
A position that works fine if you have already done a build (as you have) but is useless for any newcomer who hasn't.

It should always be possible to rebuild Vix from scratch.
Yes, you are correct - I just misread the statement

ronand
19-08-19, 00:11
@birdman - you should be happy to know that the image does build fine from scratch. I did have to run the build a few times as there were a few fetch fails but that it always a possibility. But i will be keeping a backup of the sources to be on the safe side. Now to have a play with the new image...

birdman
19-08-19, 00:22
@birdman - you should be happy to know that the image does build fine from scratch.A copy was put into the oe-mirrors, which is what I was saying was needed and why your rebuild from scratch can work.

bear
20-08-19, 06:32
Thanks to all, was able to a build an image from online sources.
As suggested will maintain a backup of the sources directory going forward.