PDA

View Full Version : Diseqc or equivalent for 3 unicable LNB's

Willo3092
13-08-19, 16:29
At the moment I have a unicable LNB pointing at 28.2 and 2 universal LNB's pointing at 13.0 and 19.2.
I have 5 receivers which all have twin sat tuners, 3 of them have FBC tuners and 2 have standard tuners.
Is it possible to replace my universal LNB's with unicable LNB's and have feeds from all 3 sats to all receivers?
I have got 2 receivers set up with 28.2 on one FBC tuner and the other tuner as diseqc for the other 2 feeds at the moment but ideally I would like to be able to receive all sats on all receivers.

cactikid
13-08-19, 16:34
Abu had this posted on another thread with fbc tuners.

VU+ UNO tuner questions

It is an FBC tuner. You can use a normal LNB with it. It will work with your current 28.2 signal wires (provided not wideband Sky Q)

It has 8 demodulators. 2 will be independent, 6 will be loop through.

If you use a unicable LNB, they will all be independent.

once again, you can use an FBC tuner module with a normal LNB.

Unsure about diseqc use?

twol
13-08-19, 18:16
With a legacy tuner and a Unicable LNB you can set it up so that it accesses a specific channel on the Unicable LNB - obviously (?) each legacy tuner has to access a different channel

Willo3092
13-08-19, 18:26
I'm happy with unicable and fbc and using diseqc on universal lnb's.
I just wondered if there is any way of getting 3 feeds from separate unicable lnb's to 2 fbc tuners (on several receivers).
I read somewhere that you can't use diseqc on unicable and that you have to use a multiswitch or programmer but I'm a bit lost with it.
This is how I have my tuners setup at the moment with one tuner as fbc from unicable and one with the other 2 universal feeds in diseqc mode:

I notice that there is a diseqc option in the fbc tuner setup but no idea what to do with it:

twol
13-08-19, 18:40
Afraid you are going to have to try it - its ridiculously frustrating how this works - I have just online flashed and find my setup completely screwed (I have multiple Unicable switches and Unicable LNB‘s) - sometimes it works other times it doesn‘t a have a clue

Thank you multiboot so you can revert quickly out of this mess

Willo3092
13-08-19, 19:13
So is it unicable switches that I need then? It all seems a bit of a mystery to me.

twol
13-08-19, 19:42
Because I have quad/quattro LNB‘s (and live in an area that is borderline for 28.2E reception) and wasn‘t sure about Unicable, I went with the expensive option of switches which gives you (depending on the Unicable switch) a lot of options between Unicable and Legacy ports.
It still doesn‘t solve how you get (if possible) 2 feeds into a FCB tuner......each of my FCB tuners has a specific feed, my legacy tuners also go through either legacy or unicable to specific feeds (28.2E, 27.5W or 19.2E)

Sorry but you have to try the options and see if it works..... as you can see from my exasperated response earlier - sometimes even when setup - it fails - although in this case I know why and can fix!

Willo3092
13-08-19, 20:00
Frustration I can cope with... I've been married 3 times :nono:
I just didn't want to spend too much on stuff that won't work :)

cactikid
13-08-19, 20:12
You could also sell it if if dont work?:eek::thumbsup:

Willo3092
13-08-19, 20:14
I would rather get rid of Mrs Willo than my Vu pluses :thumbsup:

Sicilian
18-08-19, 16:29

:rofl::lol3::roflmao:

v8rick
18-08-19, 16:35

I've told mine that and added Stella

Arcy
16-10-19, 02:24
I don't know whether this will help, Willo (and it may be too late), but here's what I have done.

I have four quattro LNBs, one for each the four satellites I'm mainly interested in; they are all mounted on a toroidal dish. So I have 16 cables coming down from them, and these I have connected to the corresponding 16 inputs on a 17x10 EMP-Centauri multiswitch (MS17/10ECP-4). This is essentially a four-way DiSEqC 1.0 (2.0) A/B/C/D switch which can route any channel from the four satellites to any of its 10 user outputs. The 17th input is a passive connection for a terrestrial antenna, but I'm not using that here. You can find quattro switches with differing numbers of outputs from various manufacturers. To avoid getting into a mess when connecting up, I used different coloured cables to identify the four polarity/band combinations.

For the satellite I use most, I wanted a Unicable feed to supply my FBC tuners. To provide this, I added a Spaun SUS 5581/33 NF 'UniSEqC' switch, which delivers eight user bands (SCRs) via its Unicable output. It has four quattro inputs -- but it also passes the input signals onward via its four quattro outputs, which means that it can be interposed between the LNB and the EMP-Centauri switch, and they will all work happily together. Incidentally, the EMP-Centauri switch needs a remote power supply so that it remains always alive.

I could have bought similar Unicable switches for each of the other quattro LNBs, if I had needed to feed them to other Unicable receivers or FBC tuners.

On the dish I also have several ordinary LNBs, and to connect these I have added some DiSEqC 1.1 switches. These work in cascade with the DiSEqC multiswitch. In each case, an output cable from the EMP-Centauri switch is connected to port 1 of the DiSEqC 1.1 switch (so that the system will default to that) and ordinary quad LNBs can be connected to the other ports. The screen-grabs show typical tuner setup for a quad LNB and one of my quattro LNBs.

The system has been working reliably (if untidily) for three years and reception seems pleasingly free of glitches when switching channels.

Arcy
16-10-19, 09:54
I should have added that the point of cascading the DiSeqC switches is that an ordinary tuner or receiver connected to the final output of one of the DiSEqC 1.1 switches has free access to all my quad LNBs as well as to any quad LNBs connected directly to the switch. You can get 4, 8, 10 and even 16-way DiSEqC 1.1 switches.

Willo3092
16-10-19, 10:39
Thanks for the comprehensive reply :thumbsup:
I ended up just leaving standard universal LNB's on 19.2E and 13.0E connected to 2 receivers with diseqc switches.
I don't really watch a lot on Hotbird though, so my plan for the summer is to just have unicable LNB's on 19.0E and 28.2E to feed all my receivers.
I'm sure your method will be a great help to others in the future, thanks for taking the time and the trouble :)