PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] EPG - add a -24hr and +24hr button?

jazzyman
06-08-19, 11:44
Is there a way to add a +24hr and a -24hr button to the EPG menu? Previous image had these on the blue and yellow buttons.

abu baniaz
06-08-19, 12:01
As I mentioned on the other forum, that is a modification to graphical EPG screen.

It is possible, you have to transfer a file over. Someone will post a link to most recent file.

jazzyman
06-08-19, 13:00
Thank you.
I found a plugin named OpenVix Custom EPG which would add the options that I need. However the plugin (version 1.16) states do not use this version of the plugin on any vix image after 4.1.016. Is there another option?

Willo3092
06-08-19, 13:15
I'm using a modified epgselection.py from either KiddaC or dsayers2014, can't remember which one.
It also requires a few mods to the skins though. I don't know if there is one that just adds the + or -24 hours.

jazzyman
06-08-19, 13:45
Thanks Willo, although I don't want to go down the road of modding the skins.

Perhaps I am missing a trick with openvix on how to select a recording in advance, without going through all of the epg information?

silverblack
06-08-19, 14:04
I just press the up on the CH button while in the guide.

Andy_Hazza
06-08-19, 14:44
If for example you are watching a TV Programme on BBC One HD and you wish to set a recording later in the week, press Down then the BBC One HD will be highlighted, now press your EPG button, that gives you your 7 days EPG. You can do the same on any channel when highlighted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyC
15-08-19, 21:52
As someone mentioned, the kidaac slyq skin, has this out of the the box. Highly highly recommend it, love the tabbed bouquet he has a couple of ipk files to set it up, as of late July, no more messing or editing of files manually, just install the skin, and extras if you want

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
15-08-19, 22:53
SkyQ skin is horrid, not my cup of tea at all. Yuk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simonc
25-08-19, 12:52
I usually use Ch+ and Ch- to move 24 hours in the graphical EPG, but as it's not one of the coloured buttons, it's not listed on screen so tends to get forgotten about

abu baniaz
25-08-19, 18:50
Guide is here

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48142-EPG-Screens-and-Navigation

TV = open lists of bouquets
> (next to 0) = Jump to next bouquet.
< (next to 0) = Jump to previous bouquet.

Up/down/left/right = move within EPG

8 = Page down
2 = Page up
4 = Page left
6 = Page right

CH+ = Forward 24 hours
CH- = Back 24 hours

7 = increases/decreases number of items

5 = Jump to current time
9 = Jump to prime time. Prime time is configurable

1 = Reduce timescale
3 = Increase timescale

0 = move to home of list, i.e first channel of current bouquet

EPG = Show Single EPG for current channel

Text = Go to specific date/time

Blue (short) = Add auto timer for highlighted event
Blue (long) = Show autotimer list

Red (short) = IMDB search for current event
Red (long) = Sort EPG list

Green (short) = Add/remove timer for highlighted event
Green (long) = Show Timer list

Yellow (short) = Search for similar events

Record (short) = Add record timer for highlighted event
Record (long) = Add zap timer for highlighted event

twol
25-08-19, 21:01
Have to say this:
has never worked for me.
So although I appreciate the input, I don‘t find it helpful.
I like to use coloured buttons for something meaningful and useful so in the EPG I use the coloured buttons for attributes like for +/- 24 hrs - I also like to flip to channels directly.
I know that this is against the pure EPG implementation but sometimes user flexibility is more important.
..... and being an old guy having to remember number keys is pretty tough.

bbbuk
25-08-19, 21:10
...I like to use coloured buttons for something meaningful and useful so in the EPG I use the coloured buttons for attributes like for +/- 24 hrs - I also like to flip to channels directly.
I know that this is against the pure EPG implementation but sometimes user flexibility is more important.
..... and being an old guy having to remember number keys is pretty tough.I agree especially about user flexibility but this was dismissed a while back by Vix team although OpenATV have adopted parts of it and it appears there are other mods, as mentioned in this thread, have adopted it it too. Not sure who else have!

abu baniaz
25-08-19, 22:51
Have to say this:
has never worked for me.
So although I appreciate the input, I don‘t find it helpful.
I like to use coloured buttons for something meaningful and useful so in the EPG I use the coloured buttons for attributes like for +/- 24 hrs - I also like to flip to channels directly.
..... and being an old guy having to remember number keys is pretty tough.

You have all sorts of files on your system, so your comment about it not working has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Please try on a stock image before perpetuating the notion that it does not work.

abu baniaz
25-08-19, 23:08
As someone mentioned, the kidaac slyq skin, has this out of the the box. Highly highly recommend it, love the tabbed bouquet he has a couple of ipk files to set it up, as of late July, no more messing or editing of files manually, just install the skin, and extras if you want

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The ipk adds an EPG selection.py that is outdated and removes some fixes and enhancements that have been added. It is not latest file with the modification added. Please diff the files.

It is your box, you are free to do what you want with it.

twol
26-08-19, 08:30
You have all sorts of files on your system, so your comment about it not working has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Please try on a stock image before perpetuating the notion that it does not work.

You are absolutely correct, talking rubbish - just never pressed TV button whilst in EPG - these EPG commands are really simple - so visual

abu baniaz
26-08-19, 08:54
how am I talking rubbish? go please your self.

ketmp won't add the changes how the team wants. so these features will have to wait.

abu baniaz
26-08-19, 09:03
pressing TV in live TV mode shows bouquets. Surely if people can grasp this without a visual cue, they can grasp the same concept without too much difficulty.

twol
26-08-19, 09:20
how am I talking rubbish? go please your self.

ketmp won't add the changes how the team wants. so these features will have to wait.

I said that I was talking rubbish!! Abu calm down! you were correct

bbbuk
26-08-19, 13:36
We're all friends on here so lets all calm down :)

abu baniaz
26-08-19, 21:07
My apologies for the aggresive post.

Correction, there is an anomaly in the way the EPG screens are. this is why the work by Ketmp has halted. Not a case of "won't". So apologies there for the wrong information too.