PDA

View Full Version : Et8500 hdmi not working

carteman
03-08-19, 12:17
Hi all came home from work the other day and switched my box on no picture no sound. Nothing had been touched from the day before. Works through rca pictures crap so must be a faulty hdmi port.
Anyone know of someone who can fix this?

Andy_Hazza
03-08-19, 12:27
Thunder storms? You got surge protectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1554leslie
03-08-19, 12:27
Is it still under warranty

ccs
03-08-19, 12:31
The port could have failed on the tv, et8500 or the cable is faulty. Also the ViX A/V setting may not be set to hdmi anymore for some reason.
Have you checked all these possibilities?

carteman
03-08-19, 13:08
No storms to my knowledge,don’t think there’s any surge protection on it. No longer under warranty, tvs fine put a different box on and all good,checked all the settings and there how they should be so not that. Been told on another forum that it’s a common problem. Just wanted to see if anyone knows someone who can fix it.
That won’t cost the earth😭

twol
03-08-19, 13:34
No storms to my knowledge,don’t think there’s any surge protection on it. No longer under warranty, tvs fine put a different box on and all good,checked all the settings and there how they should be so not that. Been told on another forum that it’s a common problem. Just wanted to see if anyone knows someone who can fix it.
That won’t cost the earth��
So common I have never heard of it and I had 2 ET8500's probably for 3 years, from when they 1st shipped. Do you still get the picture on the display?
Assuming you have a settings backup? I would reflash.

cactikid
03-08-19, 13:54
He has reflashed box and no hdmi output,front display works he did say.
I was compiling a list of electronic repair centers that possibly could repair it elsewhere as i dont think wos do them after warranty?
Modern electronics need protection.

Could be any box with hdmi,usb or lan issues.

twol
03-08-19, 15:28
Xtrend are out of business so no repair through them (used to be in germany)

carteman
03-08-19, 17:20
Yea all as cacti said as was chatting to him before ��
It’s defo a hdmi port problem.

cactikid
03-08-19, 19:52
Xtrend are out of business so no repair through them (used to be in germany)

Bloody hell thats bad so more boxes or tuners to be bought as in short supply and is this going to be the norm moving away with boxes as now its iptv/lan boxes so keeping the cost down.:mad:

carteman
05-08-19, 21:15
Well wos have said they can’t fix it. Said I should look at the h2.

cactikid
05-08-19, 22:08
Use the contacts on the other list as it looks like its an electronics repair company then.

H2 thats a bad name on here thinking of early zgemma:eek:

twol
06-08-19, 06:52
I think you must have misheard, I am sure that they meant H7! ... as a replacement for a ET8500

carteman
08-08-19, 21:01
I think you must have misheard, I am sure that they meant H7! ... as a replacement for a ET8500

Yea you’re right just looked back at email. Not too bothered as I have another 2 et8500. Just have to move one about when needed, it’s not worth investing in another box by the sound of it looks like it’ll all be dead soon.
What’s your view on it?

carteman
08-08-19, 21:02
Use the contacts on the other list as it looks like its an electronics repair company then.

H2 thats a bad name on here thinking of early zgemma:eek:

What list is that cacti?

cactikid
08-08-19, 21:27
The one on the other place
Broken or not working electrical goods repair.

carteman
09-08-19, 18:48
Got quoted £75 not really worth it for that sort of money. As they would say beyond economical repair��

cactikid
09-08-19, 19:08
Ouch as was quoted 70 euros for a vu duo fix ,pity as the box is good.Was that from one source or many.

If tv has the old phono ports also you could use that for a picture.
Can box stream without a working hdmi as if you had a hdd with movies onboard webif or vlc as not sure.
I am sure you should be able to use recordings in the future and view elsewhere on another e2 box.
Some of those funny things that come to me in not scrapping a good box if it could be used differently.