PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] can't install nfs/samba

pac2000
02-08-19, 21:04
Hi, I've tried to install nfs and samba, but after reboot, they're still not showing, and I get a prompt to reinstall again when I go back to network > utilities > nfs (samba as well)... This is with a fresh install on 2 quad+'s... Is there a problem with the feeds???

cactikid
02-08-19, 21:18
I only use samba and i would suggest to go back in and make sure it is started as it may only be installed.

Feeds show green so should be working.

pac2000
02-08-19, 21:22
No, I go to network > utilities > nfs and get prompted to install it... I install, the box reboots, and go to check if it's running, and it prompts to reinstall it again... It just won't install... Exactly the same with samba... I've even tried flashing earlier versions of vix, to no avail...

ccs
02-08-19, 21:30
This problem crops up from time to time.

The last time it happened to me (probably 2 years ago), a telnet session command opkg update followed by starting/installing samba from the gui worked ok.

pac2000
02-08-19, 22:39
Thank you so much ccs, I've been trying all day to get the 2 boxes to talk to each other... after the opkg update, installed nfs, and it's now running, and the same with samba...

Once again, thanks... :):):)

cactikid
03-08-19, 08:36
Curious why have both running on boxes?

tappari
03-08-19, 09:22
Curious why have both running on boxes?

I have samba running for Windows computers and nfs for my other Enigma2 boxes internal hdd`s and nas-drives.