PDA

View Full Version : Wake on Lan - WoL - doesnt work on openvix image H9S

Szelest
01-08-19, 21:13
Yet another problem, but this time i did some tests and looked few days for a solution but didnt find one...

So i tested it on openvix, openpli and on egami, and wake on lan works only on openpli, but the problem is, the system itself is very uncomfortable for me, so id prefer to stay on openvix, i tried few fixes, some that are meant for ubuntu even, but nothing helped, so i dont know what else to do with it, on openpli i just turned the feature on in the settings and it just worked...

twol
01-08-19, 22:23
How are you trying to wake it up?

Szelest
01-08-19, 23:07
With a magic packet, with a ping, doesnt matter rly, cause the led light on the port is off, so its obviously not powered up and thus not able to receive it.

twol
02-08-19, 07:09
Code for OpenPli and OE-A is the same so if one works the other should.
So OpenPli red light stays on or ??

Szelest
02-08-19, 10:46
im not sure what red light u talking about, but the green led in the lan port stays on, on openpli, which indicates its powered up and ready to WoL, and its off on openvix

twol
02-08-19, 11:13
Ok thanks, will have a look later

twol
03-08-19, 10:42
have this working on the H9, will submit a Pull for next OpenViX release

norhap
12-08-19, 23:53
I take this thread to say WOL in machine xpeedlx3 [OK]. thx @twol

twol
13-08-19, 05:42
Should work on receivers that support WoL with their firmware and have that information in their Proc‘s

Szelest
13-08-19, 11:47
I take this thread to say WOL in machine xpeedlx3 [OK]. thx @twol

ehh, im still waiting for the update

twol
13-08-19, 12:23
ehh, im still waiting for the update

OpenViX are building next release at the moment, so please wait ....... takes time with a new release to test for all the receivers.

Szelest
13-08-19, 21:21
OpenViX are building next release at the moment, so please wait ....... takes time with a new release to test for all the receivers.

yeah i know, i just cant wait, its just the last thing before hiding the box in basement ;)