PDA

View Full Version : unicable questions?

zenith
29-07-19, 20:10
hi been reading up on the unicable stuff just a few questions see if i am on right path?
i have 3 vu solo 2 boxes which i want to use both tuners with old 4 quad lnb sky region 2 dish.currently at moment i have the 1 box with proper 2 cable feed and the other 2 boxes i have connected a satellite splitter which i have to say does work?i can sometimes record 2 channels seperately with both tuners set at simple uk sky in tuner setup but sometimes i get tune fail on other channels when recording?
am i right thinking that i need a unicable lnb to replace existing sky quad lnb and can i then add a 4 way splitter to replace the existing sky quad lnb ports so i can record independently through both tuners with splitter?
any help on this would be much appreciated.
thanks

abu baniaz
29-07-19, 20:21
The reason you are getting the failures is that the receiver is trying to control the LNB and it cannot.

You need two more 2-way splitters. Where is the splitter you are using at the moment? By the dish or somewhere inside? Can you draw a diagram as that would avoid confusion/errors.

zenith
29-07-19, 22:01
The reason you are getting the failures is that the receiver is trying to control the LNB and it cannot.

You need two more 2-way splitters. Where is the splitter you are using at the moment? By the dish or somewhere inside? Can you draw a diagram as that would avoid confusion/errors.

hi my splitters are behind my 2 solo 2 boxes inside 2 tuners connected to splitter single cable from lnb both same?my remaining solo 2 has 2 remaing cables from lnb behind that with no splitter.
diagram very basic sorry done with mouse.59137

abu baniaz
30-07-19, 02:13
OK, 4 way splitter by LNB. Make sure you organise waterproofing. Double check the 2way splitters are compatible. I would buy new ones, they are cheap.

Also, don't forget an adapter for the LNB so it fits on the dish.

Andy_Hazza
30-07-19, 07:51
To give you an idea of my setup, I have an Inverto Unicabe 2/JESS LNB where cabling goes into my loft space (easy access) and that is where my splitter resides. The cabling from my splitter then goes back out, fixed to my outside walling and then back in to my Bedroom, Entertainment Room, Lounge Area, Kitchen etc. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zenith
30-07-19, 09:05
Hi thanks for advice. Can I ask if a normal 4 way splitter be ok any recommendations? Also have I got my tuners set right as simple? Thanks

Andy_Hazza
30-07-19, 11:06
You will be restricted with your recordings etc as you are using a traditional LNB.

abu baniaz
30-07-19, 14:00
You can't use a splitter properly with a universal LNB. Until you get your unicable LNB, remove the splitters, connect the signal wire to tuner B. Set tuner B as simple, single, 28.2. Tuner A should be set as loop through from tuner B. This will stop the random failures.

abu baniaz
30-07-19, 14:06
For unicable, you have to use passthrough splitters.

Andy_Hazza
30-07-19, 16:25
Look here for your Unicable LNB & Splitter needs >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/universal-and-unicable-lnb/gt-sat-unicable-lnb

zenith
30-07-19, 18:29
thanks.my current splitters are new and are power pass so they should work when i get the lnb sorted.

zenith
31-07-19, 15:14
can i just confirm.
would i be right in thinking would i need a splitter on my solo 2 box from unicable 2 lnb if i had cable on tuner b configured correctly for tuner a?

abu baniaz
31-07-19, 15:26
can i just confirm.
would i be right in thinking would i need a splitter on my solo 2 box from unicable 2 lnb if i had cable on tuner b configured correctly for tuner a?
Please rephrase your question.

Also, Solo2 tuners are internally linked in one direction only, so technically you don't need a splitter for the two boxes with the individual signal wires when you get unicable. There are restrictions though when using ABM and CrossEPG and any other process that requires sole use of a tuner

To avoid confusion,
Post 8 refers to current setup, not unicable. You posted about your tuners being setup correctly, to me that referred to your current setup

zenith
31-07-19, 16:20
Please rephrase your question.

Also, Solo2 tuners are internally linked in one direction only, so technically you don't need a splitter for the two boxes with the individual signal wires when you get unicable. There are restrictions though when using ABM and CrossEPG and any other process that requires sole use of a tuner

To avoid confusion,
Post 8 refers to current setup, not unicable. You posted about your tuners being setup correctly, to me that referred to your current setup

hi was reading it wrong getting confused with the fbc tuners

abu baniaz
31-07-19, 16:46
Maybe something is being lost in context here, and you posted about current setup and proposed setup.

To clarify:
On a receiver that has internal loopthrough, you can get away without a splitter and only use one cable with a Unicable LNB. There are restrictions though. It does not matter if FBC tuner or conventional tuner.

I forgot about the internal loopthrough, so my post about needing splitters for the two receivers with only one signal wire (using unicable LNB) is not 100% correct. There are restrictions though, so best to have them.

Post 4 in this thread maybe clarifies things better
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60640-GT-Sat-GT-dLNB1DY-and-tuner-configuration&p=479326&viewfull=1#post479326 (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59981-Guide-to-using-Unicable)

zenith
06-08-19, 18:09
been looking at lnb and spotted this one on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Sky-Q-DCSS-LNB-GLOBAL-COMMUNICATIONS/143208130076?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

v8rick
07-08-19, 07:45
been looking at lnb and spotted this one on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Sky-Q-DCSS-LNB-GLOBAL-COMMUNICATIONS/143208130076?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I could be wrong, I think I read somewhere that sky Q lnbs only work on sky boxes

Andy_Hazza
07-08-19, 12:13
SkyQ LNBs not compatible. You need a Unicable II/JESS LNB, similar to the link I posted previously.

abu baniaz
07-08-19, 13:13
wideband and dcSS are not same thing. Best to check the manual.

zenith
11-08-19, 16:31
hi thanks for info.
i looked on the wos site spec and is similar to it and does say dcss on wos lnb http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2785987.pdf

zenith
16-08-19, 11:02
just an update managed to bag a inverto lnb unicableII 4 way splitter outside near dish on wall and got all 3 solo 2 boxes working off splitters for double tuners and an lg tv with freesat built in all working as should and signal better than with old sky quad so pretty happy.
thanks for all advise appreciated.