PDA

View Full Version : USB drive maps to ????

dnme
07-02-11, 15:13
Hi all, I have bought a USB pen drive for my VU+ Duo. When I insert it, I then navigate to Menu - Setup - Vix - Devices Manager. It sees my USB and mounts it at /media/hdd.

So what happens when I install an actual Sata Hard Disk? What mount path will that get? (I will want to have both sata hdd and usb stick connected at same time).

I would have assumed that a usb stick might have been given the path /media/usb1 etc, no?

Sicilian
07-02-11, 15:23
In VIX Menu > Device manager > Press green for mount points and set to /media/usb

dnme
07-02-11, 15:58
In VIX Menu > Device manager > Press green for mount points and set to /media/usb

Sicilian, when I try that, it only allows /dev/sda1

Hugely confused here, when I log in via FTP, under media, I have card, cf, hdd, mmc1....etc. no sign of usb as far as i can see

silverfox0786
07-02-11, 16:38
create a folder in media called usb via ftp

hope fully it will see the folder and then allow you the option to allocate to it

always do a gui restart as well

dnme
07-02-11, 17:24
create a folder in media called usb via ftp

hope fully it will see the folder and then allow you the option to allocate to it

always do a gui restart as well

actually silverfox, the usb folder already exists at /media/usb, I was mistaken in #3 above. I have tried a restart but not much use. When I return to mountpoints in devices manager, the only path available is /dev/sda1

whats going on? sticking a usb pen into this box should be a simple exercise no?

Sicilian
07-02-11, 17:44
In you should see /de/sda1 to the left, then /media/usb to the right once its mounted. Have you formatted via device manager?

dnme
07-02-11, 17:48
In you should see /de/sda1 to the left, then /media/usb to the right once its mounted. Have you formatted via device manager?

Yes formatted via device manager. When I go to mount points, I see
USB: USB Flash Disk Size: 7GB /dev/sda1.............................................. ............../media/hdd2
(it was /media/hdd1 a minute ago before format and restart)

I am totally lost here.
1.Why is this thing not mapped to some usb folder such as /media/usb
2. What is /dev/sda1
3. Isnt /media/hdd2 surely for hard disks as and when I add them?

Sicilian
07-02-11, 17:54
Highlight the USB stick, press green for mountpoints, then use left and right arrows to select /media/usb. Then press green to save and select yes to reboot.

dnme
07-02-11, 17:58
Highlight the USB stick, press green for mountpoints, then use left and right arrows to select /media/usb. Then press green to save and select yes to reboot.

Sicilian, think you mean Red for mountpoint. When I do that and press left/right arrows, nothing happens, I think there's only one item in list

Sicilian
07-02-11, 18:01
Sicilian, think you mean Red for mountpoint. When I do that and press left/right arrows, nothing happens, I think there's only one item in list

Cant remember, working from memory atm. Theres a coloured button to set mount points that brings up another window where you select your mount point.

I can check later.

dnme
07-02-11, 18:02
I think I'll just wipe and re-install. I had a hard disk in the box last week and removed it, maybe it's stuck now because of that

dnme
07-02-11, 19:25
OK, I've re-installed but lost my cccam, how can I re-instate it?
I do realise you have removed it from plugins and not sure if I am even allowed to ask the question, but I have searched loads on here and google and cannot find any help.
Many thanks

judge
07-02-11, 19:29
OK, I've re-installed but lost my cccam, how can I re-instate it?
I do realise you have removed it from plugins and not sure if I am even allowed to ask the question, but I have searched loads on here and google and cannot find any help.
Many thanks

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images&p=45191&viewfull=1#post45191

dnme
07-02-11, 19:38
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images&p=45191&viewfull=1#post45191

Bless u judge, you know I read that post a week or so ago I think, and even bookmarked it, do you think I could remember that just now when I need it....no! Mods please feel free to delete last three posts if u wish.
Many thanks again judge