PDA

View Full Version : Expanding flash with sd card on zgemma h9s

Szelest
26-07-19, 15:43
So i did everything as the guide says, But i dont want to boot from sd, i just want to expand the internal storage so i can install kodi and other things, but when i open the flash expander plugin, it says theres no hdd ssd or usb found, so this method doesnt work for microsd cards? or maybe just my sd card is not compatibile?

Also, in openwebif i dont have terminal, how do i enable it?

Im pretty new to this stuff so im still learning

twol
26-07-19, 15:59
Thats why the option is there to use the sd card so that you can expand storage and use Kodi etc to its full benefit.
Why do you think we provided the option in ViX?
There is a simple option to format the card and also transfer the system so that you can get as much flash memory as you would ever need. It works and is painless!
Plugins like Flash expander and cache flush may have worked on the older receivers but not useful for the Arm/HiSi receivers.

Szelest
26-07-19, 16:12
i understand that, but as i said, i dont want to boot the whole system from sd card, i just want to expand the flash, and still boot from internal memory, and the tutorial leads me to boot from sd as far as i understand

twol
26-07-19, 16:28
Why not, its the ONLY way you will solve the flash availability issue on the H9................ and you actually still boot from the receivers kernel, only the root is on SD card.

Szelest
26-07-19, 16:53
ok thanks for explaining it to me, i didnt know its the only way

twol
26-07-19, 17:01
If you give it a 12GB SD card (for example) then it will almost give you that much memory to play with, so makes it really good for Kodi etc

dsayers
26-07-19, 17:11
For terminal in openwebif you need to install it from download plugins extensions openwebif-terminal