PDA

View Full Version : Need help -how to add fixed dish to motorised system

BadBlake
22-07-19, 12:48
I have a Vu+ Duo2 with 4 tuners ( ABCD),connected to a sat dish with 1 twin lnb. 2 cables coming inn connected to tuner A and B. Tuner A set as positioner USALS, and tuner B as second cable of motorised LNB tuner A.
I got hold of a used fixed dish that I want to add to my setup. This has 4 single lnbs ( I don't need all 4 to work though). I want to be able to use the motor, and at the same time, always have certain channels available from the fixed dish. This because I have a second Duo2 in another room connected via the fallback tuner setup.
Do I need to pull a third cable into my house to my Duo2 to connect to tuner C to achieve this?
What's the easiest way in doing this? I would like to avoid pulling a third cable into my house.
Need some help here please.

v8rick
22-07-19, 15:00
Cant you connect your fixed dish to your 1st DuoČ C D and use client mode on second DuoČ

BadBlake
22-07-19, 16:28
Cant you connect your fixed dish to your 1st DuoČ C D and use client mode on second DuoČ

That's what I want to know -how to connect the fixed dish -do I have to run a third cable into my house from the fixed dish to get it working?

bellejt
22-07-19, 16:32
why have 4 tuners and 2 cables ? Just pull a 4 wire cable to the main box and use 3 for fixed dish and 1 for rotor. Same as here and second box uses fallback tuners.

BadBlake
22-07-19, 17:25
why have 4 tuners and 2 cables ? Just pull a 4 wire cable to the main box and use 3 for fixed dish and 1 for rotor. Same as here and second box uses fallback tuners.

OK, well I'm no expert when it comes to these things. I bought the Duo2 used and it had the 4 tuners installed. I now have 2 coax cables going from my twin lnb to my Duo 2 tuner A and B. I thought this was the right thing to do at the time. Never heard of a 4 wire cable -I thought maybe I had to run a third coax cable in, or maybe connect the fixed dish using diseqc or some kind of splittler. Or is this 4 wire cable a coax with 4 wires?
Anyway, I'm not familiar with them.
The second Duo is on a client setup already -this is not the problem here. :) Forget about the second Duo.

v8rick
22-07-19, 18:21
myself i would run 2 cables from fixed dish to C D to your DuoČ then client can watch and record whats on motor and on fixed

v8rick
22-07-19, 18:23
BUt ive been on the Stella

BadBlake
22-07-19, 21:10
myself i would run 2 cables from fixed dish to C D to your DuoČ then client can watch and record whats on motor and on fixed

Thank you for you time. :)

abu baniaz
22-07-19, 21:27
Which satellites are the LNBs set for on the second dish?
Which is the main satellite you view on the main receiver?
Which is the main satellite you view on the "client" receiver?
I know you said you don't want to run more cables, but what difficulty/inconvenience will it cause?