PDA

View Full Version : Zgemma H9S OpenVix Oscamymod 18-56

ross_37
20-07-19, 14:44
Hi
I am trying to setup the BBC Back sat on 27.5w on my Zgemma H9S, l am looking for the plugin -oscam-ymodv18-56_openvix_all.ipk to install

Can anyone assist me with the location where l might find the plugin

twol
20-07-19, 16:17
Hi
I am trying to setup the BBC Back sat on 27.5w on my Zgemma H9S, l am looking for the plugin -oscam-ymodv18-56_openvix_all.ipk to install

Can anyone assist me with the location where l might find the plugin
Why? You don‘t need it - normal oscam latest works fine (and Yes, I access 27.5W)

lespat
21-07-19, 09:49
I have also been trying to sort out 27.5w on a Zgemma H7s using Openvix, but failing. A step by step guide would be useful as to how you did it on a arm receiver? Which oscam, keys, config, + anything else needed to know?

cactikid
21-07-19, 10:03
But is one on a new image which has the latest plugins or older image and non working older version?

twol
21-07-19, 10:48
I have also been trying to sort out 27.5w on a Zgemma H7s using Openvix, but failing. A step by step guide would be useful as to how you did it on a arm receiver? Which oscam, keys, config, + anything else needed to know?
All the main images now support access to this provider without the tricky code or fancy Oscam that was needed 7 years ago.

Without wanting to push another WEB site, as you probably know if you google 27.5W there is an extensive thread on this other Images forum that specifies in minute detail the requirements - and all you need is the patience to read the last 15 pages - not from the start in 2012!

Basically all you need is:

1. constant.cw
2. modded lamedb for 27.5W portion (see 4 below)
3. oscam.server with added BISS reader that uses the constant.cw
4. a standard Oscam emu, and simply add a BISS (cw) reader and a flag on lamedb file, C:2600

[reader]
label = BISS
protocol = constcw
device = /etc/tuxbox/config/constant.cw
caid = 2600
group = 1

constant.cw

2600:000000:1100:01F4:1FFF::XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX ;BeeBeeCee N
2600:000000:1044:0064:1FFF::XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX ;BeeBeeCee 1

there are full copies of the required constant.cw on other web sites.

lespat
21-07-19, 11:01
Thank you for this. I have followed that thread mentioned which I found confusing and didn't work for me with a previous box. I have managed to achieve 27.5w on a Edision OS Nino Pro (mips box)using Cccam 2.3.0 with edited lamedb and .cfg file. That seemed straight forward but this Zgemma box using Oscam has given me problems before. Is it because I tried to use the emu file? So frustrating when other closed source boxes work with just the latest software installed!

Edit: Just had a look back on the other site and "they" are still talking about adding the 3 files from years ago?

twol
21-07-19, 11:13
Thank you for this. I have followed that thread mentioned which I found confusing and didn't work for me with a previous box. I have managed to achieve 27.5w on a Edision OS Nino Pro (mips box)using Cccam 2.3.0 with edited lamedb and .cfg file. That seemed straight forward but this Zgemma box using Oscam has given me problems before. Is it because I tried to use the emu file? So frustrating when other closed source boxes work with just the latest software installed!
If you have an edited lamedb that works then protect it .... the biggest issue I have had is with the lamedb being corrupted when copied back to the receiver after editing... I even had to use the Windows Notepad++ utility as my linux(Ubuntu) editors corrupted the lamedb.
The rest, once you have the constant.cw copied over is just dead easy.
On boot up/restart it usually takes a little while before the 27.5W channels are picked up .... not sure if thats the OScam start delay or just my tuners.

lespat
21-07-19, 11:26
I also used the Notepad++ to edit the lamedb successfully and as I said all worked fairly simply on Cccam. With Oscam, I believe I need a config file with your reader in. Where do I get that from and where do I put it? I need a .cw file and again where do I get it and where do I put it? Sounds like that's all I need. These questions may seem elementary once youv'e done it but I have read so much contradiction in the past and tried so many times with Oscam... it must be me?

twol
21-07-19, 11:39
The 1st code block above is the oscam.server file, it goes in etc/tuxbox/config with the constant.cw (if you use the above reader as is)
If you google 27.5W and constant.cw you will find current file with keys.

lespat
21-07-19, 11:50
Have I understood it right, that I need a constant.cw file with the keys in instead of a SoftCam.Key file I used in the Cccam setup?

twol
21-07-19, 12:02
With the setup as above Yes .... with OScam I think its the simplest setup ... you basically have 2 connected files the oscam reader and the constant.cw file which is referenced by the reader.
Also means that if you use Oscam for anything else, you just add the readers for them

lespat
21-07-19, 12:14
Thanks, just got to get my head in gear and go for it!

c31
21-07-19, 16:57
I thought you could not use openvix on zgemma I may be wrong

twol
21-07-19, 17:04
I thought you could not use openvix on zgemma I may be wrong
The new boxes like h7/h9 etc (see my signature) are all supported

Ashley69
21-07-19, 17:04
Yes. With the newer models you can. See World of satellite shop for details.

ross_37
29-07-19, 00:00
I can confirm that l now have OSCAM working for Intelsat 907 (27.5 W) OpenVix on my Zgemma 9s thanks to the help given by twol which was much appreciated Thank you

lespat
29-07-19, 10:06
Glad you achieved (sent you a PM).

twol
30-07-19, 18:36
I can confirm that l now have OSCAM working for Intelsat 907 (27.5 W) OpenVix on my Zgemma 9s thanks to the help given by twol which was much appreciated Thank you
Can you clear your postbox!!!!