PDA

View Full Version : GIGABLUE UHD UE 4K Flashing Isuue

Senna
17-07-19, 20:27
Hi to all
Having factory reset the above receiver no matter what image I try it just wont load onto box. Any help would be much appreciated

twol
17-07-19, 20:38
So factory reset means there is an image there which boots?..... which image?
How are you trying to flash ..... exactly how!

Compared to most.. this is an easy box to even usb flash.. providing you load up the usb correctly

Senna
17-07-19, 20:43
So factory reset means there is an image there which boots?..... which image?
How are you trying to flash ..... exactly how!

Hi
I have been trying to flash openvix and also openatv through a usb inserted in rear of receiver. The file I then unzip is gigablue which I transfer to usb stick like I have always done. Its only since the factory reset this has ever happened

twol
17-07-19, 20:45
Factory reset does nothing other than remove the initial setup.. so you can reconfigure

Senna
17-07-19, 20:47
Factory reset does nothing other than remove the initial setup.. so you can reconfigure

I am now left with an Openesi screen now and unable to do anything with

twol
17-07-19, 21:12
So the issue is that you have to find a usb stick format FAT32 that will allow you to flash ..... often the older and smaller sticks are better for this.
Once you get through this,I would suggest that you use the multiboot facility of this receiver if you are going to play around with images .... with this receiver as long as you have one working image you can get the receiver to boot into this image.
Apart from 1st use (and once when they changed the bootup) I have never usb flashed this receiver ..... always use the multiboot capability.

However, in the meantime be patient and try a few different sticks and make sure you are using teh correct procedure for usb flashing

Senna
17-07-19, 21:20
So the issue is that you have to find a usb stick format FAT32 that will allow you to flash ..... often the older and smaller sticks are better for this.
Once you get through this,I would suggest that you use the multiboot facility of this receiver if you are going to play around with images .... with this receiver as long as you have one working image you can get the receiver to boot into this image.
Apart from 1st use (and once when they changed the bootup) I have never usb flashed this receiver ..... always use the multiboot capability.

However, in the meantime be patient and try a few different sticks and make sure you are using teh correct procedure for usb flashing

Many thanks for your advice and help. Turns out the issue was with the usb stick I had always used previously. After trying new spare 1 lying around it is now working