PDA

View Full Version : Hard drive mount h9s

Confused.com
15-07-19, 15:05
Having trouble with the usb hdd on h9s, I initialised/mounted correctly ext4 but get error messages when I try to download,movie hdd media not found or not there, the hdd is showing on other folders epg/hdd!! I have tried recording which goes straight to hdd directory, when I delete I get message cannot move to trash can do you still want to delete, are there settings I need to change or have folders gone awol!! I did get a better response from The box when I moved it from usb3 to usb2 ie no error messages but no movie centre!!
The mount says hdd / media!!
Any help would be extremely

Andy_Hazza
15-07-19, 15:57
Powered? If not, make sure it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
15-07-19, 16:12
What exactly does it show in ViX MountManager??
Perhaps you can display a screen??

Confused.com
15-07-19, 16:34
It's a sub stick!!

Confused.com
15-07-19, 16:49
It just showed it mounted correctly media hdd, Ext4 rw, I took it out and changed it with a 32gb stick I had used before, I Initialised/mounted/swapfile and all is ok
I couldn't initialise the first one in box so done that on computer, it would get to the file bit at 99 per cent then give error message(out of time)

I was thinking perhaps it needed the filesystem scan and that's why I didn't get the movie bit??
I will accept all things to try, it was 256gb and would be handy to have working properly, can't show pic as I have removed for now but will give it a try later.

I was thinking of initialising it in my h7!!

cactikid
15-07-19, 20:32
Why are you running a swapfile as it should not be needed on your box.

Confused.com
15-07-19, 21:25
Habit I think!! But not the issue, used the same routine when setting up my old h2s for hard drive!!

cactikid
16-07-19, 08:13
Usb sticks can have issues can you try another and is it in the rear port.

Andy_Hazza
16-07-19, 08:42
Habit I think!! But not the issue, used the same routine when setting up my old h2s for hard drive!!

Get out of that habit then. Having a swap file is going to create issues. Also you never answered my Q when I said is your HDD a powered one?

birdman
16-07-19, 12:39
Having a swap file is going to create issues.No, it isn't. If it's not needed it won't be used. If it is needed then it may help.

Andy_Hazza
16-07-19, 12:44
No, it isn't. If it's not needed it won't be used. If it is needed then it may help.

You’re wrong unfortunately. I’ve seen issues with this plugin on receivers that don’t require it. Not going to argue with you so end of. [emoji1]

Andy_Hazza
16-07-19, 12:45
No, it isn't. If it's not needed it won't be used. If it is needed then it may help.

Also with a swap file you have to activate it and runs on startup etc so you theory not correct either. Soz.

Confused.com
16-07-19, 13:21
The swap file isn't an issue with this problem!! everything was working fine the 6 months previous with a different usb stick!! Also I tried with just mount after the initialisation, And to answer your previous question : I have yet to see a powered usb stick!!

Andy_Hazza
16-07-19, 13:25
Having trouble with the usb hdd on h9s.

Your fault then as you posted usb hdd in your original post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confused.com
16-07-19, 13:27
I think the problem was the stick!! I did change it to a lesser gb one and got everything back OK with correct folders and destinations hdd media movie
Cheers

Andy_Hazza
16-07-19, 13:30
Glad you sorted it in the end. [emoji1360]

Confused.com
16-07-19, 13:32
Don't want a fight Andy but my second thread replies to you saying its a usb stick!!

Andy_Hazza
16-07-19, 13:37
I’ve just looked through again, and it said sub powered. lol. No harm done and just glad you got it sorted in the end. [emoji1360]

Joe_90
16-07-19, 16:43
There are a lot of fake USB sticks around - e.g. marked as 256GB, show as 256GB when plugged into a PC, but actually with low GB (or MB) capacity.

birdman
17-07-19, 02:28
Also with a swap file you have to activate it and runs on startup etc so you theory not correct either.But during the running of the system nothing will write to it (or read from it) - unless it is needed.

birdman
17-07-19, 02:29
There are a lot of fake USB sticks around - e.g. marked as 256GB, show as 256GB when plugged into a PC, but actually with low GB (or MB) capacity.There are utilities around which can check for this.
It also applies to SD cards.