PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 theweather (5.0r05) plugin started to crash on OpenViX 5.2.044

Mickkie
11-07-19, 15:39
Hi All,

I just noticed today theweather plugin I installed last week will no longer launch and it crashes the box. :(

I attach the log captured as a result of the crash. First I launch xbmcWetter, which complains about "[loadPic] deprecated loadPic function used!!!", but loads and works fine. Then I try to launch theweather (version 5.0r05) plugin, which causes an instant crash. The theweather plugin worked fine until a couple of days ago, so I don't know what's causing this problem. In any case, I think it shouldn't crash OpenVix.

twol
11-07-19, 15:57
Hi All,

I just noticed today theweather plugin I installed last week will no longer launch and it crashes the box. :(

I attach the log captured as a result of the crash. First I launch xbmcWetter, which complains about "[loadPic] deprecated loadPic function used!!!", but loads and works fine. Then I try to launch theweather (version 5.0r05) plugin, which causes an instant crash. The theweather plugin worked fine until a couple of days ago, so I don't know what's causing this problem. In any case, I think it shouldn't crash OpenVix.

Its a url error - so 1) its either no longer there or the plugin author has changed the url
2) its badly coded as it should catch the url error in the plugin
3) OpenViX handles the code error, produces a crash log and then restarts your system - as it should.

Mickkie
22-07-19, 17:53
OpenViX handles the code error, produces a crash log and then restarts your system - as it should. Thanks twol.