PDA

View Full Version : 7020 HD in Dubai

Larry-G
07-02-11, 11:45
New Dreambox at Cabsat Show
Dream presents DM7020 HD in Dubai

World premiere at Cabsat Show! Dream Multimedia, the leading supplier of Linux-based set-top boxes, will be presenting a prototype of the DM7020 HD in Dubai. Attendees of the trade show can get an idea of the new HDTV Dreambox from 8. to 10. February at booth S1-J11 in Sheikh Saeed Hall 1.

The DM7020 HD stands out for its flexible tuner conception. The Dreambox holds two sockets for plug-and-play tuner modules, so the consumer can use it either for digitale satellite, cable or antenna reception. The DM7020 HD comes equipped with one exchangeble DVB-S2 tuner module ex works.

The front panel takes the spotlight on the brillant OLE-Display. Besides, the DM7020 HD provides two common interface slots as well as two smartcard readers and one USB 2.0 connection. According to all HDTV Dreamboxes the DM7020 HD bases upon Enigma2, Dream’s especially developed operating system.

Apart from two USB 2.0 connections, the back panel adorns a HDMI and 10/100 Mbit ethernet interface as well as two Scart sockets and an eSATA connection in order to add an external harddrive to the Dreambox. It can also be equipped with an internal 3,5” HDD. The DM7020 HD should be available in spring this year. The RRP is not yet known.

Dream spokesman Alpaslan Karasu: “The DM7020 HD is the ideal addition to our HDTV portfolio. Due to its flexible tuner conception it can be used for any receive path. A second tuner module can be easily put on the free socket. It’ll be automatically installed after booting the Dreambox up.”

https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/sites/default/files/products/7020HD/DM7020kl.JPG

https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/7020-hd-dubai

silverfox0786
07-02-11, 11:50
swet can t wait to see this one

Larry-G
07-02-11, 11:52
indeed, sadly though i fear the price will be wildly expensive ( as dream tend to do ) and thus not a option for most people when it comes to getting a new receiver.

bassethound
07-02-11, 11:54
If its like other Dreamboxs you could have a long and expensive wait :D

Larry-G
07-02-11, 11:58
If its like other Dreamboxs you could have a long and expensive wait :D

lol tell me about it, they first announced this receiver well over a year ago. but if it's built on the magnificent DM7020 architecture ( one of the strongest DM's in my opinion) i think it will be a fantastic box, but like i said DM will no doubt hammer the price making it a non starter for just about every one.

pooface
07-02-11, 12:05
lol tell me about it, they first announced this receiver well over a year ago. but if it's built on the magnificent DM7020 architecture ( one of the strongest DM's in my opinion) i think it will be a fantastic box, but like i said DM will no doubt hammer the price making it a non starter for just about every one.

I think to realistically get a spot on the market with this, they need to be retailing it at a maximum £450. That's still greater than most of the boxes out there, but at least should be affordable to most of the die-hard dreambox fans who won't have any other box... Personally, still too expensive for me, but I'm a tight-arse :p hehe

bassethound
07-02-11, 12:06
I think it could be months away yet as they will probably show it in a perspex box as they normally do

World premiere at Cabsat Show? why not at IFA

dfdream
07-02-11, 12:34
Two world premieres ayear appart for the same device and its still in prototype....

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dream-presents-new-hdtv-boxes
https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/7020-hd-dubai

I think this box is too little too late.
Looking at the specs it doesnt seem to bring anything extra to the game.
Its a 800hd with the option of adding another tuner £450 would be steep, add a secod tuner and its north of £500.
The duo is heading the other way (Sponsor has it for £350) game over.
I too have a 7020 and could never say that it was stable, Duo beats it hands down.

And with the new lower price single tuner boxes this market is getting squeezed.
It was an opertunity for DM to bring something new to the market its laurels wont last for ever or at least if it had 3 slots and 2 sat tuners built in or may be more horsepower and memory.
They should start by looking at the Duo and how they could make a better box. Things like Internet TV, proper media player etc.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?511-New-HD-version-of-7020-to-be-unveiled-soon

Larry-G
07-02-11, 13:00
I too have a 7020 and could never say that it was stable, Duo beats it hands down.

And with the new lower price single tuner boxes this market is getting squeezed.

i have had my DM7020 for almost 9 years and never once had a issue with it, as for comparing it with the likes of a duo well thats just daft as there is such a time gap between the two not to mention one is E1 and the other E2.

tomthebomb1968
07-02-11, 14:48
dfdream only made a comparison on stability of his duo v his 7020 so its not a daft comparison.

Sicilian
07-02-11, 14:51
@ dfdream, not sure if you've still got your 7020 or not, try Nabilosat 7020 image, been rock solid and 100% stable here.

dfdream
07-02-11, 15:05
Its fine now since I demoted it to the back room.
I dont tinker with it as much and its been fine since.
Might give a look at the Nabilosat image as it only needs to be stable and have UK EPG.

Sicilian
07-02-11, 15:11
Its fine now since I demoted it to the back room.
I dont tinker with it as much and its been fine since.
Might give a look at the Nabilosat image as it only needs to be stable and have UK EPG.

Try it out, I set one up for my mum and needed it to be 100% stable.