PDA

View Full Version : Force LNB power

Glenn2
08-07-19, 10:41
This used to be under the tuner section in 'miscellaneous', right at the top (along with force toneburst).
It's no longer on my machine.

I have the latest ATV and an old Vix (5.2.006) in the other multiboot slots and it's present on those.

Has it gone for good or just a bug?

abu baniaz
08-07-19, 11:43
posted in error

Glenn2
08-07-19, 15:09
Ah - looking at the vix changelog it was taken out a few months ago. I wonder why? Is there a sneaky way of turning it on (a settings xml file or something)?

twol
08-07-19, 16:04
They were removed if my memory is correct because the drivers no longer support these options - so no point in having them in the menu.

Glenn2
08-07-19, 16:23
Do you know since when the support was removed from the drivers?
Is this for all boxes or just this one?
Do you know if the power is always supplied or always not supplied?

twol
08-07-19, 16:51
It was removed for all FBC receivers (Vu+ and Giga4K) - I seem to remember it caused issues with the FBC tuners which is why it was dropped - sorry cannot remember more, but know there was a good reason it was removed.

abu baniaz
08-07-19, 18:22
There used to be bug in the drivers for solo 4k which needed this to be on. That got fixed and then the option got removed.

If you are getting the tune failed while lnb wakes up, see this thread:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58679-Unicable-devices-and-tune-failed-messages

Glenn2
09-07-19, 00:01
Ok thanks. I just tested the voltage at the tuners on all 3 images (latest vix, old vix and atv) and in all cases the voltage remained present in standby and when using the cable tuners. Also as suggested, on the images where the setting switch was present it had no effect.

Thanks