PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H9.2S] Error with USB image flashing after build 40

daverave
03-07-19, 13:02
As per title USB image flashing is not working after build 5.2.40. This image has a size of 98.6M but images after this (41,42,43) have a sizes of 176,176.1 and 176.2 respectively. Also the fastboot.bin file size changes from 770 in build 40 but is only 374 in subsequent builds. Not sure if this is an image compilation error or not as if I do a full image backup using build 43 it is not usable as USB flash image either.

Andy_Hazza
03-07-19, 13:17
Have you tried ‘couch flashing’ via Image Manager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
03-07-19, 13:25
That's because the build was changed for ALL OE-A images to include both types rootfs image - so the zip contains a ubi image(157MB) for flashing the receiver and a tar.bz2 (97MB)for flashing the SD card when used..... so the zip is a lot bigger - fastboot has changed a few times and should not be an issue.
So are you running the image from the receiver or SD card??
Also how are you doing the full image backup?

... and why are you doing a usb flash?

daverave
03-07-19, 14:26
Reason for doing a USB flash was because I have just purchased a second H9.2s to replace the original one in the lounge.

The original box had the image on the SD card along with Kodi, QT Stalker and numerous other plugins which were no longer required as this box was being used in the bedroom.

I wanted to do a clean image install on this box to use in the bedroom so downloaded the latest image for a clean USB install.

If I use any image after build 40 it refused to flash however by reverting to build 40 it flashed properly. Hence my post.

Sicilian
03-07-19, 14:33
Flashing fine here.

Make sure you keep your finger on the reset button for a bit longer.

daverave
03-07-19, 14:55
Flashing fine here.

Make sure you keep your finger on the reset button for a bit longer.

LOL - My finger was going to sleep it was on the reset button for so long.
Now I´ve got it up and running I´ll do an image backup and then try again using the latest build and report back.