PDA

View Full Version : ET8000 - Only one cable tuner working?

bsdbm
03-07-19, 11:03
I seem to have an issue where i can only get one of my cable tuners working.

I have 3 tuners in the box - A = Cable, B = Cable, C = Satellite

I have previously had the box working fine with all tuners running concurrently. I had to reflash around a month ago, as the box became unresponsive and i lost all my recordings so reformatted the HDD and started everything again with a fresh USB flash of OpenVix. I have updated this in the menu several times since.

Tuner C works fine on Satellite.

Tuner A works ok to watch cable and record. If i try to record and watch something on Tuner B, I get a blank screen.

Annoyingly the box seems to try to record any cable programs on Tuner B so everything fails to record.

If i disable Tuner A in the menu, Tuner B works ok.

I have tried physically swapping the tuners around also in case it was something to do with this but doesn't seem to fix it.

I am a little stumped, I am guessing its something simple, or could it be the server I am on doesn't support dual tuners?

cactikid
03-07-19, 21:53
I would first go into signal finder and check if both have a good signal and both have a secure connection.What splitter is in use.
One should not have to format hdd ,unresponsive where was your epg been stored to.

abu baniaz
04-07-19, 00:29
Do you have signal wires attached to both cable tuners?

If so, are you using a loop cable or splitter?

Have you checked all the terminals on your cabling?

birdman
04-07-19, 00:51
Have you reconfigured them? i.e actually gone into the tuner config and set them up?
There was a change not that long ago that allowed DVB-C/DVB-T ones to switch dynamically, and you needed to set them up again.

bsdbm
05-07-19, 13:41
Do you have signal wires attached to both cable tuners?

If so, are you using a loop cable or splitter?

Have you checked all the terminals on your cabling?
Main cable comes into house, this is split.. one into modem the other into xtrend. Has always been set this way since day one. Then have a loop into the second tuner.

Have you reconfigured them? i.e actually gone into the tuner config and set them up?
There was a change not that long ago that allowed DVB-C/DVB-T ones to switch dynamically, and you needed to set them up again.

Yes, I had them both configured the same with same netID etc, is there anything else to do?

Thanks for the replies so far chaps

abu baniaz
05-07-19, 16:14
have you tried connecting signal to tuner B and loop cable to A?

Did you check your cables? Even the f-plug to belling Lee adapters fail.