PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Vu+ Solo2 won't recognise a usb to flash it.

batman679
02-07-19, 17:36
Hi all,

I am trying to flash a Solo2 with the latest image, the box does not recognise the USB at power up. I have tried unplugging the HDD and powering up again but this failed as well. When I try to go to Menu > Setup > Vix to either download or flash an image the Vix sub menu isn't there. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
02-07-19, 17:41
Use Image Manager to couch flash. You may need to use an FTP Client to transfer the zipped ViX image from your computer to your receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
02-07-19, 17:46
If there is no ViX menu that normally applies an issue with the ViX plugins..
Turn on debug logs menu/setup/system/logs/settings
And then reboot .. post the log here(go advanced and attach it)

batman679
03-07-19, 14:35
Hi gents, Thanks for the replies and sorry for the late repose.

Andy, I can't couch flash as the box crashes as soon as I click into the software update menu.

Twol, I have attached the debug log file from the box. I tried to go into the plugins and got a vix pluggin missing error.

Thanks

twol
03-07-19, 15:14
Copy the attached file into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools and reboot... don't know why that file is not updated but this hopefully will fix it.
Then ImageManager couch flash.

batman679
03-07-19, 15:20
Thanks,
It will be later this evening before I get a chance to try this.

cactikid
03-07-19, 22:02
Out of curiosity what make and size was usb stick.

batman679
04-07-19, 14:33
Cactikid: Scan disc 8gb. this is the usb I use for flashing all the time.

twol: Did as you advised with the file and it worked a treat. All sorted now. Thanks

twol
04-07-19, 15:06
Cactikid: Scan disc 8gb. this is the usb I use for flashing all the time.

twol: Did as you advised with the file and it worked a treat. All sorted now. Thanks

Great - what I don't understand is why you had the issue - weird

orange1234
14-09-19, 16:36
Hi, I've not been on for a while so a bit out of touch. I can't find the download menu to download the v6 inage, I have checked but I can't see it. On the update menu is says I need to re-flash as the there is no upgrade from v5.3. I came to download the v6 and it says the last one is v5.3 002 Has Vix stopped supporting the Solo2? What will happen if now. will it still work or will it slowly crash over time? I'm hoping it is still supported as I've liked Vix and as only half the tv channels are now available, I don't see the point on getting a new box just yet.

ccs
14-09-19, 16:45
Current/latest image for the Solo2 is 5.3.002

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo-2/

orange1234
17-09-19, 16:41
Current/latest image for the Solo2 is 5.3.002

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo-2/

Thanks, it looks like the Solo2 is not supported past 5.3. Do you know how long this will work for or should Vu Solo2 owners start looking for an alternative home?

ccs
17-09-19, 16:49
Thanks, it looks like the Solo2 is not supported past 5.3. Do you know how long this will work for or should Vu Solo2 owners start looking for an alternative home?
… 5.3.002 is the latest ViX image for all supported boxes.

twol
17-09-19, 16:51
OpenViX 5.3 has just started, so I would not expect any further receiver changes for some time ... and the next OE-A upgrade (the base software) is still in development.