PDA

View Full Version : Tuner advice please

launton
02-07-19, 09:38
Hi

Can someone please point me in the right direction with my VU+ Duo 2? It came originally with a dual satellite tuner and I've ran it like that for a long time, I got a new single tuner and added this to the box. In tuner settings it's seen as Tuner C (others are A & B) and I have set it to Astra satellites the same as the other 2. On the rear of the box I have connetced 1LNB cable to tuner A one LNB to tuner C and looped back to tuner B from A because I only had 2 feeds. On a test I could not record 3 programmes at the same time so I looked in settings and I have some other options in the setip called loop through and equal to and I have no idea what to set them to. I did not move the original tuner, I added the secondary one to interface 2 in the box inside. Can anyone help me set it up properly please as I dont think all 3 tuners are working.

Thank you

John

Latest openvix image installed

abu baniaz
02-07-19, 12:52
You are going to be limited in what you can do as you have three tuners, but only two signal wires.

I would do following:

Hardware:
Connect signal wire to Tuner C
Connect signal wire to Tuner A (A is top one on the twin tuner card)
Leave tuner B with no signal wire

Software/Config:
Set C as: simple, single, 28.2
Set A as: simple, single, 28.2
Set B as: loop through to tuner A

Another option is to get a unicable LNB with splitters and adapter for dish. All three tuners will work fully then.

launton
02-07-19, 13:20
You are going to be limited in what you can do as you have three tuners, but only two signal wires.

I would do following:

Hardware:
Connect signal wire to Tuner C
Connect signal wire to Tuner A (A is top one on the twin tuner card)
Leave tuner B with no signal wire

Software/Config:
Set C as: simple, single, 28.2
Set A as: simple, single, 28.2
Set B as: loop through to tuner A

Another option is to get a unicable LNB with splitters and adapter for dish. All three tuners will work fully then.

Thank you, so the loopthrough will be done internally and I don't need the physical loop out feed to be used? (or just leave it in place)

abu baniaz
02-07-19, 13:38
Loop through will be done internally. Cable won't be used for the description I gave. You can leave it in place if you want.

Just like to repeat/rephrase what I said earlier, you have two signal wires, you can only use two quadrants of the spectrum.

Trial
02-07-19, 14:13
Hi,
3 Tuner does not generally mean that you can record 3 random programs. You can record 3 programs BUT they must be in the 2 bands you get through your 2 cables.

Ralf

launton
02-07-19, 15:20
Hi,
3 Tuner does not generally mean that you can record 3 random programs. You can record 3 programs BUT they must be in the 2 bands you get through your 2 cables.

Ralf

Thanks very much everyone I think I get it now.

Another feed isn't really possible due to the cable going through the cellar in a listed building. It's a long run.

abu baniaz
02-07-19, 23:05
The loop through will open avenues. If not enough, unicable 2 LNB is an option for you.