PDA

View Full Version : Picons still not showing on octagon

1hamster
01-07-19, 10:28
Hi I have transferred my Sly q skin fine but the picons are not showing n the info bar on the left
They transferred over fine put not showing

Dir use/share/enigma2/picon

Andy_Hazza
01-07-19, 10:33
If directory is correct, have you rebooted your receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
01-07-19, 10:39
I can remember when I tried the skin, which I didn’t like, the picons had to go in a folder called SkyQ. Google and make sure the directy path/folder etc is correct.

twol
01-07-19, 10:40
Hi I have transferred my Sly q skin fine but the picons are not showing n the info bar on the left
They transferred over fine put not showing

Dir use/share/enigma2/picon
For a start I would move them off the receiver and put them on a usb stick ..... picons can take up a lot of space and its easier to update/change if they are on a usb stick .... the system will also find them without problems

twol
01-07-19, 10:43
I can remember when I tried the skin, which I didn’t like, the picons had to go in a folder called SkyQ. Google and make sure the directy path/folder etc is correct.

Didn‘t know that .......so much for skin author‘s comments on ViX backward compatibility issues.

Andy_Hazza
01-07-19, 10:43
media/hdd/SkyQ is the correct path I think. I remember vaguely having to use the hdd to store the picons which isn’t ideal.

twol
01-07-19, 10:47
@1hamster ... I still think post #4 is a better solution..... but why not try also try a standard skin like Simple_ten_eighty that is already installed..... /menu/setup/user interface/Skin Setup/Skin ...select and save .... see if picons appear

1hamster
01-07-19, 12:06
ok i have installed a sd card into the back and copied them too that but still not showing on hdd>media hdd created a sky q dir and puit all picons in there

Andy_Hazza
01-07-19, 13:35
Have you mounted your sd card correctly and in Mount Manager have you selected the option to use the sd as hdd?

1hamster
01-07-19, 16:04
Thanks for reply Andy hazza i have now done this and the sky q is showing on the media sd card but after reboot still not showing

Andy_Hazza
01-07-19, 16:17
In media it has the SkyQ folder?

In SkyQ folder should just have all the picons pictures, no other folders etc.

dsayers
01-07-19, 16:34
In the ChabsPicon.py it reads path = os.path.join(mountpoint, 'skyQ/picon') + '/'

So you should have hdd/skyQ/picon with all the picons in the picon folder.

I think KiddaC SlykQ skin scales them now so picon folder should be ok

twol
01-07-19, 17:00
@1hamster .... just to prove there is not an issue with the picon folder and contents why don‘t you try post #7
If that works then you can go back to try and then get this Kiddac skin to work, if you really have to