PDA

View Full Version : Can Automatic Timeshift plugin be used on VIX 1.3

judge
07-02-11, 00:50
Hi,
Trying to install the Automatic Timeshift (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5733-Automatic-Timeshift) plugin on VIX 1.3 & can't get it to work.
Is it compatible?
I keep getting a message saying permanent timeshift is installed but can't find a way to un-install it.

silverfox0786
07-02-11, 00:56
timeshift is hard coded into the image and a seperate plugin is not needed

that is why

judge
07-02-11, 01:16
thanks, just like the idea of this plugin if it can record from the time you started watching rather than the time you pressed record.

pooface
07-02-11, 08:43
thanks, just like the idea of this plugin if it can record from the time you started watching rather than the time you pressed record.

In the ViX image, there is the permanent timeshift plugin already installed. You just need to activate it by going in to menu -> setup -> system -> timeshift settings

Since you tried installing this auto timeshift plugin, it might have messed it up...

But, with the permanent timeshift setup by going in to the menu I mentioned earlier, you will find that if you press the pause button, you can then rewind to where you first started watching the program...

Also, when you press the record button, you get the option of saving what you were currently watching, or one of the previous programs you'd been watching (as long as you have changed channel or turned off box etc...

u.s
07-02-11, 10:33
what is the buffer size allocated to the timeshift?
e.g, I tune to BBC1 and start watching the News, then after 25 minutes of watching the News how far back can i go in the Timeshift? back to the start ( -25mins) or for e.g say back 10 minutes ( -10mins)

pooface
07-02-11, 12:16
what is the buffer size allocated to the timeshift?
e.g, I tune to BBC1 and start watching the News, then after 25 minutes of watching the News how far back can i go in the Timeshift? back to the start ( -25mins) or for e.g say back 10 minutes ( -10mins)

Depends on the settings you set your box, and the size of your recording medium...

Here's a screenshot of the settings. I record to my usb hdd, which has 60gb on it, so plenty for 2 hours of HD recording ;)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6036

u.s
07-02-11, 13:10
ok thanks so by changing the Permanent Timeshift Max Length we can set the duration.
also, the 240 is that in seconds, so 4 minutes ?

pooface
07-02-11, 14:11
ok thanks so by changing the Permanent Timeshift Max Length we can set the duration.
also, the 240 is that in seconds, so 4 minutes ?

no, 240mins, = 4 hours...